mini print server help?

NiteWatchman

Has anyone experience with installing a printer connected to a mini print server? I have a Canon S600 usb printer on my network connected to a Netgear PS121 mini print server. For a normal printer server, I would imagine the

[GuiRunOnce]

Command0="rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\SERVER_NAME\PRINTER_NAME"

would probably work. Since this is not a normal print server, this line comes back with a null printer driver error. I have been trying to get one of the other switches for this command to point back to

%systemdrive%\Drivers\008_Printer\s600.inf

So far, nothing I have tried works. Any ideas? I am not even sure if this command works with a mini print server. Maybe I need to install the Netgear print server utility software first? If that is the case, how would you go about silently adding a printer calling their software? Or maybe I am thinking of this backwards, and need to install the printer software first, then run the

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n \\SERVER_NAME\PRINTER_NAME

command in a .bat file? :huh:

It gives 2 .inf file types.

The first one, example a lan driver, is detected during installation.

the second one has a install section in that file, so the file is a installation file.

So if your inf file is a installation file, you can install it from the command line

with that command

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection yourinffilenamehere.inf, DefaultInstall

greetz kyor