Hard Disk problem?

I have allocated 57gigs for the partition where I have all my music. I totally have 18.5gigs of music. I had copied high quality videos from my friend's hard disk. Now what is happening is when I try to play the video, it plays as if it is playing from a scratched CD. I guess you know what I'm talking about. When I played for about 6 or 7 times, it was good. But now there is a lot of distortion. Will is be the hard disk problem? If at all it is, will I be able to fix it?

My hard disk is 12 days old *sad*

It is a 120gig Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD.

I also tried reinstalling Windows XP. No use. i copied the same videos from my friend's hard disk again. Still doesnt help. it gets stuck in the same place.

I observed Metallica's Nothing Else Matters video. It always gets distorted in the 2nd minute. I dont know why. I think it is a problem with the hard disk. :}

If you want to check your hdd for physical defects you can use programs from the manufacturer's site (powermax for mator, seatools for seagate, etc.). But from what you've said I don't think there is anything wrong with you hard disk.