Adobe / Macromedia unattended install?

ressiv

Hello there to everyone who is reading my qeustion.

I'm creating a DVD with some software Office products, Adobe CS, Macromedia Studio MX. I've follow the steps like this guide from MSFN for Office 2k3 Guide

But i also wanted to do the same tric for Adobe Creative Suite and for Macromedia Studio MX, i want to put the Licence key in it so i never have to type it again. I've tryed it the same way i did with Office 2k3 but that didn't work so could someone help me out please. It must be possible to do i think...

Kind Regards,

Ressiv

If you are from the Netherlands, then you could answer in Dutch (please)

I think you know Microsoft and Adobe/MacroMedia are different companies - thus they follow diff. pholosophy sould be also clear for you.

The fact is, the chefs of develop-department in allmost all companies except M$ do not have such intentions like those in M$.

The solution of your problem is to use a installation-capture utility to rebuild the changes during the regular installtion made. I personallly prefer the Symantec Norton AutoInstall (v8.0).

In my prev. post I've pointed out the Norton AutoInstall sould be a good one. I've got it from the Symantec Ghost 8.0 Corp. Ed.

Another utility(freeware) is InstallWatch/InstallRite

the working of that stuff ->(see my prev. post) rebuild the changes during the regular installtion made

in case it's still unclear (b/c it was to me at first), basically those programs (autoinstall, installwatch, etc..) monitor an installation of your program and note all the changes that happen in the computer and it can build a custom executable for that, so it can install the program. It is similar to building an MST file for office, but in another way.

i.e. you start auto install, then run the studio MX setup. It notes everything that is happening, and once the install is complete, you should be able to build a custom executable to run that will re-create those changes on a different machine.

hope that helps

thus it solves your problem with user specifical registeration info(keys etc.) because after runing the custom executable your compter will become the state "everything already installed". And it takes much less time in compare with the original install routine - a wellcomed by-effect.

you should do it "step by step" just like every new install:

1. burn your (jet not finished) unattended cd, without macromedia software,

2. install windows incl. all unattened software by using this cd on a empty partition,

3. install the tool "norton AutoInstall", run it, make a snapshot, donot close

4. install macromedia FX/adobe CS etc.

5. go back to "AI", make a compare and rebuild

6. integrate the created .exe into your unattended cd,

7. burn the finished windows unattended setup cd and have fun!

you should do it "step by step" just like every new install:

2. install windows incl. all unattened software by using this cd on a empty partition,

3. install the tool "norton AutoInstall", run it, make a snapshot, donot close

4. install macromedia FX/adobe CS etc.

5. go back to "AI", make a compare and rebuild

6. integrate the created .exe into your unattended cd,

You suggest that i first do a new installation then?

becasue you're talking about

it's only about 2 software packets Adobe CS and Macromedia Studio MX, not Windows xp

what he's saying is have the snapshot program you're going to use take a snapshot of your system prior to installing either macromedia or adobe software. then install the macromedia/adobe, and go back to the snapshot software and have it build an executable that makes the same system changes that both the adobe and macromedia did.

That's all there is. If you are going to use norton autoinstall, the steps htc provided would be how you would go about doing it.

Could i do the following:

example:

I use the program you said, then i run setup, fill in the licence key and the i stop recording with that program off yours?

So that when i run the new setup only the licence key is filled in and i can choose what to install then??

short answer: well, not really.

long answer:

no changes have been made to your system yet, i.e. your computer registry information hasn't been updated with the program key, because the program hasn't been installed.

once setup has all of the parameters in place (i.e. install key, installation location, list of components to install), it will start copying the files. Once the install is complete, the auto install programs will note the changes that were made.

unfortunately because changes aren't made until the install is complete, you can't only get some of the information into your auto install program

My recommendation, do a clean install at first, is very important:

during the setup of your favourite application, many registry will be modified, the autoinstall will note all the changes and try to rebuild afterwards. If you take the capture at a different envirement, may some unwanted/usless registry item be modified, and afterwards during unattended install there is no such registry item in your clean envirement, thus the autoinstall cannot rebuild such change, the unattended setup then will be paused(and give an error message out, waiting for replay/unse interaction...)

alles klar?

burn the iso first on a cd-rw and install it on a spare computer, the target primary partition should be 4090-4094 MB(slightly under 4096MB) NTFS. Larger partition increase the setup duration.