Office 2003 Unattended = no Web Update

Just to mention, I noticed a HUGE difference in size when creating an Admin Install Point.

Admin Install Point = about 671Mb (with SP1 slipstreamed) :o

Normal Installation = about 388Mb (files copied from CD)

So for now I just copied the files over from the Original CD and created a MST answer file... this way Office Update is working.

Next, I'll try to silently install the SP1 (client) by calling it a stage 16 of the Custom Wizard Installation.

If someone has an idea about the command line I should use please let me know

@djfin

That's because you didn't try to download any? :P

@Incroyable HULK

I was saying that just use OU to find what fixes you need, and then go download hte ADMIN INSTALL's of them. OU I think works still to display the fixes, you just can't use theme. Once you download the ADMIN INSTALLS you can then slipstream them into your ADMIN Installation point, which is what you created to slipstream SP1. Hopefully I was clear this time.

@djfin

Since you slipstreamed the update in your installation OfficeUpdate will tell you that there is no Updates available... and it won't tell you that you cannot update until a new patch is available... just like Alanoll said. ;)

@alanoll

I think I understood well the first time you posted... but my point is even if my CD is up to date, when Microsoft release new patches, I want all our client to be able to update via OfficeUpdate on the web

No problem! :P

I came to the conclusion that slipstreaming the SP1 into my Admin Install Point caused this because now I remember that when I first did the project of Office 2003 Unattended, I followed the guide and I integrated Pre-SP1 hotfixes and I was still able to go to OfficeUpdate and install some.