PC Cillin 2005

arry

That's the exact one I used, except I changed the name to TM.msi. I get different messages depending on how I use switches. Sometimes, it'll say it can't find the file on C:. I do get one small popup window that shows "required switches" and "optional switches" like /qn, etc. They showed something like "/package/i/whatever.msi" in the "required" section?? Didn't look like any switches I've seen before, but I probably looked at it wrong. I'll get it figured out eventually, as I don't want to have to click "next".

OK. finally got it. I think it was not having all the files from the extracted .exe put in the same place...to Totoymola--you asked what version I was using, and I replied "the latest"--sorry about that... what I SHOULD have said was 4.1.100.1332.

• 1 month later...

I am looking to shrink the source of my Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 cd. I extracted all the files to my HD.

How do I figure out which files are safe to remove yet still have it install? I know I could remove one by one until it fails but why do that?

Also the default install is FULL which includes the firewall, emergency center, and wifi detection. I dont need any of that crap I just want the Antivirus option instead. How can I tell it to select the non default setup? The installer from the msi is install shield.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Has anyone tried including the latest pattern file with their install? I was wondering if the pattern file had to be renamed to match the one that came with the installer or if I could just include the new one and delete the old one.

I think I'll just delete the old one and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

Silent install :

Do the following:

1. Double-click the downloaded installation file. The InstallShield Wizard window appears.

2. Click Next. A pop-up window showing the extraction progress appears.

Then the PC-cillin Internet Security 2005 / 2006 splash page appears when the extraction is completed.

3. Click Exit.

4. Click Start >My Computer. The My Computer window appears.

5. Double-click Local Disk © >Program Files >Trend Micro >PCC[XXXXXX]>Setup.

6. Double-click the setup.ini file.

7. Add the following entries:

[Product]

Version=1X

[sETUP]

Lang=en

RollbackInfoURL=http://www.trendmicro.com/

Toolbar=0

Silent=qn

[CustomerInformation]

Serial=PXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

[NetworkType]

Skip=1

ONLINE=1

Note: Enter the PC-cillin Internet Security serial number under Customer Information Serial.

8. Click File >Save.

9. Double-click the setup.exe file.

Latest pattern :

Put in Pattern directory..