Help a newbie

Hey guys! I am new at the forum. And Im making a custom Windows or what ever you wish to call it. I have some questions regarding the toturial and other stuff. I´ve installed Windows FD Deluxe about 6 months ago and I thought it sucked because it included to many programs that I never would use. And now Im making my on Custom Windows. But Im a little bit confused for several reason:

1 When I´ve finshied my Custom Windows and It´s going to install apps and program will it find the path by it self or do have to convert the program and apps in some how?

2 Should this command "/s /v/qn" stand only after .exe files? And what does it mean?

3 Is there anyway to test if my Unattned Windows will work?

4 Does it matter if I burn it to a DVD insted of a CD?

That´s it I think, Im swedish so I hope you understand my english. Im very thankfull for any answer.

Timmy

Hey guys! I am new at the forum.
Welcome :)
1 When I´ve finshied my Custom Windows and It´s going to install apps and program will it find the path by it self or do have to convert the program and apps in some how?

It depends on the application in question. Typically, a program will install to the default path as it would during a normal installation. Some installers will let you define the install path with a command line switch.

2 Should this command "/s /v/qn"  stand only after .exe files? And what does it mean?
Those are command line switches to install a program silently; without user intervention. Those particular switches are only for a particular type of installer. See this forum for the unattended installation of different programs:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=80

3 Is there anyway to test if my Unattned Windows will work?

Searh this forum and the web for "Virtual PC" and "Vmware". These programs will create a 'Virtual Machine' on your system and allow you to test your installation.

4 Does it matter if I burn it to a DVD insted of a CD?

No. The process is the same. A DVD is useful as it will accommodate more programs that you may want to include in your installation.