Administrator account problem

masih

I have disabled the Administration account trough another account which was a limited user acount. I used the Control Panel/Administrative Tool/computer management/ Local users and group/ users by using the Run as... command in right-click and administrator pass.

No more administrator account is left but, now I need to install another program which I can't do it with other accounts because, they are limited users and don't have premission to install.

I tried to enable it aggain, but I cannot use the Run as.. command, because it says that the admin account is disabled.

I was unable to use other programs such as gpedit.msc , regedit, ETC.

PLEASE HELP ME TO ENABLE THE ADMINISTRATOR ACOUNT

That was a silly thing to do! You may have to perform a "repair". Follow the usual sequence to install Windows and about 4-5 screens into the installation, it will detect that you already have Windows installed and ask if you want to repair Windows. Your other User accounts will be safe, your installed applications will be safe. Good Luck!

Moral: create a second "admin" account!!

If that's true, and I'm more than prepared to take your word for it, then I would create a second account with Admin priviledges. Which you should really do anyway, and leave the default Administrator account well alone!!

If that's true, and I'm more than prepared to take your word for it, then I would create a second account with Admin priviedges. Which you should really do anyway, and leave the default Administrator account well alone!!

Well, personally, I've never disabled the admin account. :) Can't be 100% sure how things will go down. I'm to chicken to test it out myself, lol. I do have a second administrator account so I could probably test it without problem.

It is a good idea to have an admin account other then the built-in one.

------------

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I disabled the built-in Admin account. Booting into safe mode, I was able to log on to that account.

Go to Start > Run, Enter: lusrmgr.msc

Select 'User'

Right click on Administrator and select Properties.

Uncheck 'Account is disabled'.

Click Ok.

there is always the ubcd

www.ultimatebootcd.com

has a tool to reset admin accounts and such will also unlock an account if locked :) really nice tool but just make sure that if you do it for a client take their puter home/back to work and bill at least 2 hours

lost a client because i reset there pw on the box in about 3 mins was scared i could do it to any puter on the site :)

Hi,

I just tried all of them but none of them helped me but The ultimate boot cd is good for get into the pc but what should i do when the proces is finished?

The only thing that I see is <ds-ram a:> and there are some files if i write dir+Enter...

Because it is not like the instruction on the web site. There is no partition or windows directory selestion. Even there is nothing to do.

I am usin XP-pro-sp2...

Cheers