Problems with unatended cd

anyone know what might cause my cd to behave like a standard winxp cd ? i used nLite to intergrate my hotfixes and drivers and servicepacks etc and they appear to be installed but none of the information in my unattended.txt or cmdlines.txt were executed. i have done it using the unattended cd guide on here and beleive i have used it correctly , but it still dosent work. any ideas?

for the mostpart it worked great but the installation of my programs went a bit pear shaped.

i have included the structure of my oem folder and batch stuff etc. can anyone tell me why kaspersky or msn didnt install? the "install" folder on my CD just got copied over to c:\ and nothing else happened. mirc was successfully copied over to the right place and the registry tweaks went in fine. anyone know how i can change the program install to make it work?

$oem$ folder structure

$oem$

-$1

--install

---Applications

----Kaspersky

-----"My Antivirus Setup Files"

---MSN

----"Messenger Setup Files"

-$$

--Resources

---Icons

----"My Icon Theme Libary"

---Themes

----"My Theme File"

----ThemeFileFolder

-----"Theme Files"

--Web

---Wallpaper

----"My Wallpapers"

-$progs

--mIRC

---"My mIRC Files"

-cmdlines.txt

-main_batch.cmd

-tweak_general.reg

-tweak_icons.reg

-tweak_mirc.reg

my cmdlines.txt
[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S tweak_mirc.reg"

"REGEDIT /S tweak_icons.reg"

"REGEDIT /S tweak_general.reg"

"start main_batch.cmd"

my main_batch.cmd

ECHO.

ECHO Removing Shortcuts

ECHO Please wait...

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Set Program Access and Defaults.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

ECHO.

ECHO Installing MSN Messenger

ECHO Please Wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MSN\MsnMsgs.msi /QB

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5.0.149.4

ECHO Please Wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Kaspersky\kav5.0.149.4_personalen.exe /S

ECHO.

ECHO Done.

EXIT

[COMMANDS]"REGEDIT /S tweak_mirc.reg"

"REGEDIT /S tweak_icons.reg"

"REGEDIT /S tweak_general.reg"

"start main_batch.cmd"

Try removing start from the last line. That's not necessary and I don't think you can use that in cmdlines.txt anyway. Start is an internal command in cmd.exe and can't be called from cmdlines.txt like external programs and commands.

The way your setup is now, you need to have the install directory copied to the system drive.

You have two options:

(1) You can include a command to delete the install folder after your programs are installed.

This command placed at the end of your batch file, before the exit command, should do the trick:

rd /Q /S %systemdrive%\install\

2) You can place your installation programs somewhere other than the $oem$ folder on your CD and install the programs directly from the CD. You can search the forums for info on how do this

For your setup, option 1 is the simplest. You won't have to change anything.