HL2 who cares...

brelfielfan

Is anyone else as not excited about HL2 as I am? I think that it's hyped up so much that it's going to be a letdown when it's finally released.

I really do hope I'm wrong, I love a good FPS just like any other geek with blood flowing thru his veins, but I guess I just havnen't caught the HL2 excitement like everyone else.... :}

I guess I'm just not expecting it to be spectacular and groundbreaking, and revolutionary like everyone is hyping it up to be.

See the whole thing about games is not to get excited. I used to get excited and have that big let down, then I learned hey dont get excited ... It has worked so far, well except for those instances I forgot about the game I got excited about and probably lost out on a good game. Oh well saved some money :D

the Doom 3 graphics engine is more intensive on my system then the Source engine is. I tried to equal the settings between the games, and the Doom 3 just runs my system into the ground. (mind you it's a laptop). CS:S I get on average 60-70 FPS which isn't that bad considering the GPU i have is a RADEON 9600 MOBILITY.

I'm looking forward to HL2 but I'm looking forward more to what people might do with the engine over the next couple of years (in the same way as HL1 was a great game, then someone invented Counter Strike :))