New Features of Version 2.0

Gape

Aza, go to Windows Update but instead, select Windows Update Catalog on the left, Find Updates for Win OS, Win ME in the dropdown menu, click Search, Critical Updates & Service Packs, on the upper right dropdown menu Sort by Posted Date....

take the 3rd one down: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2 (KB867282) - (Posted Date: February 04, 2005)

Download size: 2.4 MB

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

FYI careful, the second one for IE6 is also numbered: (KB867282)

PS for Slovenians: this update for you not found in WinUpdate Catalog-- get it here instead, depending on your region:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=sl

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=sk

ok horsecharles, I have the file....now how do I extract the dlls? Can't unzip it...

or are you saying to run this update on my 98SE with the 2 modified dll files?

thx!

Probably you can extract the update's contents with Winzip, Winrar or Tugzip. Right click on the file, and select "Open with Winzip".

ok horsecharles, I have the file....now how do I extract the dlls? Can't unzip it...

or are you saying to run this update on my 98SE with the 2 modified dll files?

thx!

Probably you can extract the update's contents with Winzip, Winrar or Tugzip. Right click on the file, and select "Open with Winzip".

Hmmm...I tried with Izarc (another good zip program) and it would not unzip the exe....

Did anyone try this and it worked? If so, what zip proggie?

thx...

The ones Gape mentioned-- also PowerArchiver..... remember to right-click & select Extract or similar command....

You're not gonna pay to use the trial or shareware of power archiver or winzip, and tugzip is free...... IZArc is great but can't handle that.......

The ones Gape mentioned-- also PowerArchiver..... remember to right-click & select Extract or similar command....

You're not gonna pay to use the trial or shareware of power archiver or winzip, and tugzip is free......   IZArc is great but can't handle that.......

Either could the others...they would unzip the file to a folder but it would be empty...every time!

But if I open Tugzip or Izarc, then I can get to the files in the zip OK....BUT with either I still can't extract them to a directory using dnd (like C:\Temp)....get a Windows error.....Can not move file: File system error (1026)

If I try to select a file within the archive program and select extract, it won't work...at least Izarc errors....Tugzip doesn't do anything so it seemed to work...but the directory is empty!!

Did any one actually TRY extracting or is the info based on how it should work?

:wacko:

i would have suggested winrar but it costs money.

i've used 7zip before and i know it works(i use winrar atm)

WinRAR and Winzip are shareware. I know newer versions of WinRAR (v3.x) will use

different registration codes than versions 1.x to 2.x of Winrar. see this article

on License & Registration of Winrar:

http://www.win-rar.com/index.php?id=24&kb=1&kb_article_id=81

jasinwa, if you still doubt that the KB833989 vgx.dll MS04-028 security update does

not work when using the IE 5.5 browseui.dll and browselc.dll files in IE6 SP1, download

the vgx.dll update here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/c...989-x86-ENU.exe

and run it for yourself.

Gape's got a point in using the updated browseui.dll file from the IE 5.5 Sp2 kb867282 patch on a system using IE6 sp1. you'll have the security benefit of the updated browseui.dll file instead of the original browseui.dll file from the IE 5.5 SP2 setup files.

jasinwa, if you still doubt that the KB833989 vgx.dll MS04-028 security update does

not work when using the IE 5.5 browseui.dll and browselc.dll files in IE6 SP1, download

the vgx.dll update here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/c...989-x86-ENU.exe

and run it for yourself.

I see that, but I was saying that after installing the 2 - 5.5 files, I was asked again to dl the security update, in which one of the 2 files would end up replaced again....so I was talking about having to REINSTALL KB867282....

vicious circle though, eh?