New Features of Version 2.0

Gape

what type of icons are u going to be using?

I think lots of users don't need these new icons. So I think I can remove this feature. What do you think?

In 1.x, new icons were from Windows 2000.

I think lots of users don't need these new icons. So I think I can remove this feature. What do you think?

In 1.x, new icons were from Windows 2000.

I much prefer the win2k icons and colour scheme. Im using a Samsung LCD monitor and I find win98 colour scheme to be way too over-bright. I vote to keep it, or atleast make it optional.

Hi, the Sp 1.6.2 is great, am using it currently.

Maybe 2.0 should include these:

-True Type font properties extension (ttfext.exe)

-DOS prompt here (doshere.exe)

BTW, does 1.6.2 include the effects of VXD fix (vdx_fix.bat)? Does it actually help or is it superstition?

I suggest replacing windows notepad with metapad.exe. It's a straight drop-in replacement, just change its name to notepad.exe and slip it into the windows directory. It's can handle large volumes and is very versatile and also shows URL addresses as hyperlinks, very useful. :D

PS - Incorporating explore-from-here (and removing explore) and move-to and copy-to in the right-click menu would also be good.

BTW, does 1.6.2 include the effects of VXD fix (vdx_fix.bat)? Does it actually help or is it superstition?

I recently looked into this and found it is all just a rumor. By loading the one vmm32.vxd file you actually save load time and resources, along with memory.

I ran a series of tests and found that just having the vmm32.vxd file loading was faster, and much more efficient.

>I ran a series of tests and found that just having the vmm32.vxd file loading was >faster, and much more efficient.

What about when vmm32 is largely full of useless files? It seems like in a patched system with a lot of vxd files, vmm32 is going to be largely a waste, full of obsolete files. It might even be better to have an empty or non-existent vmm32 (if that's possible).

Would it make sense for sp 2.0 to automatically update the vmm32?