Symantec Antivirus 9 Corporate

Beck

Hey...

I Have a problem with symantec antvirus corporate 9 i can't install it, but if I try with symantec antivirus 8, there is no problem.

does anybody know what the problem could be???

//J-Beckl

What version of SAV9 you using? The only version that will work properly on XP with SP2 is 9.1 I beleive. There is a patch somewhere on the symantec website. Give that a try.

• 1 year later...

I am facing the same problem. I use Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition v10.0.2.2000. I have kept Task Scheduler and Terminal Services both intact, but still it wont even install. The installation goes on till the end and then just at the point of finish it uninstalls itself and says to try installing it again. However, it seems Symantec Live Update is intalled though (there is a folder in Program files named Symantec Live Update with all the files in it).

I am using Windows XP SP2 (nlited version)

Edited by kumarkumar

Hi AltTeo,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Could you please explain a little more (in not so technical language) what do you want me try out.

I do a Web-Install of Symantec. It is provided by my University.

Hence I do not have a CD. There is only one folder that gets downloaded to my temp directory with some 10 files in it along with the Setup.exe file.

• 4 months later...