A7N8X - E _Drivers

jamfrey

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\Drivers

drop nforce and nvidia drivers into each of these

NFORCE

NVIDIA

put this in your

winnit sif

OemPnPDriversPath=Drivers\NFORCE;DRIVERS\NFORCE\AUDIODRV;DRIVERS\NFORCE\AUDIOUTL;DRIVERS\NFORCE\DISPLAY;DRIVERS\NFORCE\ETHERNET;DRIVERS\NFORCE\GART;DRIVERS\NFORCE\IDE;DRIVERS\NFORCE\MEMCTL;DRIVERS\NFORCE\SMBUS;DRIVERS\NFORCE\USB;DRIVERS\NVIDIA;DRIVERS

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

works a treat...

Note that the Marvell drivers currently don't work in unattended setups. This only occurs when you use Service Pack 2. Let's hope they update their drivers soon...

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Strange, but they seem to work just fine with my unattended CD and yes it is with slipstreamed Service Pack 2.

By the way the Driver I am using is:

DriverVer=09/22/2004, 7.23.1.3

@Sanjay

The driver will work as long as you don't use the tool sysprep.

sysprep is a tool for pc manufactures to ship the pc to the end user.

kyor

Thanks for the info. But it does work with an unattended install atleast it does in my case, which means it should not affect most people since we don't use sysprep anyhow.

OK....I'm going to try the method described above but, after i extract the nvidia files to the appropriate folders and edit the .sif file....can I delete the setup.exe and datd.cab's and other files that winrar etracts to the $OEM$\$\Drivers\nforce folder itself?

I checked and all the inf's and sys files are in the different folders but I have alot of files left outside the folders that are listed in my .sif file

OK....I'm going to try the method described above but, after i extract the nvidia files to the appropriate folders and edit the .sif file....can I delete the setup.exe and datd.cab's and other files that winrar etracts to the $OEM$\$\Drivers\nforce folder itself?

delete everything except folders with .inf files and subfolders. then point those folders and subfolders on the .sif file as you know.

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

• 7 months later...
what i do it's download the latest nforce drivers, then extract them with winrar for example and you'll see many folders with .inf files inside. place them in your $1\Drivers dir and then point them in winnt.sif. works perfect :thumbup

could you provide a direct link to the latest driver download?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Eh... a06lp? Is that you? :o

You MUST be kidding: a) you opened a thread that hasn't been posted in for more than half a year and B) you're asking an extremely silly question :s

Yes, I am ashamed. It is me.

Bâshrat, please help me. I'm desperate. I need to auto-install the drivers for my HTPC's A7N8X-VM/400 Mobo, and it wont work! (I don't want to run the utility.)

Eveything else on my drivers-from-CD works great, just not this. :(

Can you help?

Nothing I do seems to work. :(

Edited by a06lp

Eh... a06lp? Is that you?

You MUST be kidding: a) you opened a thread that hasn't been posted in for more than half a year and B) you're asking an extremely silly question

Yes, I am ashamed. It is me.

Bâshrat, please help me. I'm desperate. I need to auto-install the drivers for my HTPC's A7N8X-VM/400 Mobo, and it wont work! (I don't want to run the utility.)

Eveything else on my drivers-from-CD works great, just not this.

Can you help?

Nothing I do seems to work. :(

Well... if you want it simple... Use my DriverPacks ;) I don't think there are problems with any chips on that mobo.

EDIT: PS: you've got a reply to your mail too. Though it's got the same content as here ;)

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky