ad-aware silent install

jorsak

Thanks for the info. The problem isn't the "work" as much as the part of the unknown time before as-aware opens. Ad-aware.exe only opens AFTER the downloaded update installs. So, on some slower machines or machines with slower internet connections, the ad-aware.exe files doesn't open until AFTER the kill command has executed. I THOUGHT that the /wait command made it not execute the next line until AFTER the previous line had ran.

Is there a way to insure that the kill lines don't run until ad-aware.exe has launched?

Or, in the case of Ad-Aware SE Personal, just create an SFX Rar file of the lavasoft directory in Program Files and copy it back over. And if you like, create the shortcuts on the desktop and in the Start menu. I do this for 1.05 and it works flawlessly every time.

• 4 years later...

i have a problem with ad aware.i use the folowing commands in a bat file and it works.but i cant change the direction path.i want to install the program at in a folder called Programs.But goes to the default folder (program files).

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Lavasoft Ad-Aware 6

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait .\adaware6.exe /s /DIR="C:\Programs\Lavasoft\Adaware_6"

Edited by ManosR