Doom 3

sliceanddice

I just bought Doom 3 today. My question is "Is windows ME the same as 2000"? If not, can I install 2000 on my ME?

It says in the minimum req. that you need Windows 2000 for it to install. Besides that, I have a 128MB Nvidia Graphics MX 4000, and I have everything else.

Windows ME is not the same as Windows 2000, anyway Windows 2000 is not very good with games. I recommend you Windows XP. If you cannot get it, install Windows 2000. I dont know if Windows 2000 can upgrade a Windows ME system.

I just bought Doom 3 today. My question is "Is windows ME the same as 2000"? If not, can I install 2000 on my ME?

It says in the minimum req. that you need Windows 2000 for it to install. Besides that, I have a 128MB Nvidia Graphics MX 4000, and I have everything else.

According tot he Website Doom3 requires Directx 9b which is not supported on 95/98/me systems...However if you goto The directX website diectx 9c is avaiable for ME.....

I have never tryied to install Doom 3 on Me, but i think it should work fine as long as you have the harware requirments, along witht the most recent drivers and DirectX

|Drew|

Agreed.. ME is the worst O/S ever been written... I would rather go back to DOS 5 than install ME ! :D

Tis true that XP is better for games, but if u have 2000, there is nothing wrong with it - i use 2000 for network gaming and find it better than XP... Dunno why, it just seems faster, and the game doesn't "jadder" so much.... :wacko::blink:

Can't wait to play Doom 3 tho... Didn't know it was out ! :(

i always thought Windows ME sounded like a disease, strangely ME is a disease where people get all lethargic, kinda like the way the operating system acts!

I'd sooner use Windows 2000 for a game than ME. What's you hardware specs, I'm sure you'll be able to run 2000 fine.

P.S. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone with the disease!

I have a Nvidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400 graphics card and Doom3 runs on my pc at the lowest quality settings. It runs decent too.

Here is how to get Doom3 working for Win98se:

1: Make a backup of your Doom3.exe (As usual)

2: Open up Doom3.exe with a hex editor (I used Microsoft Visual C++)

3: Do a search for GlobalMemoryStatusEx

4: Replace the E with '00' and the X with '00'. What I mean is this. E is '45' and X is '78', change the 45 to '00' and the '78' to '00'

5: That's it. Save it and run it on Win98se. It works great!

I'm not sure if this fix will work for your OS but heck, why not give it a try?

How dare you talk about Windows ME!!  That OS should have its source code BURNED!!  If you have Windows 2000 on a CD, format and install it! :)

yes it's horrible...continuous blue screens, os hangouts....and with games is not the best OS available....think about an upgrade of your OS ;)

i forgot...DOOM3 ruleZ :thumbup B)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried hexxing it. No good. lol I found out that it req. a p4 processor. I'm "f"ed cuz I got a dang P3. i guess there isn't away to get around that lol. Thx for the help anyway

PS anyone know how to get a p4 dirt cheap? (Besides ebay I got screwed once for computer stuff there!)

If anything I'll ask my Auncle for one but w/e.