TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6

3S Doc

Have some probs with TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6

I tried several ways but the results are poor.

First I tried a setup with the original *.exe, and would so extract the setup.iss

but there was no setup.iss after installing *.exe -R.

Then I tried the option *.exe /a to create an server install point, this works and I get a nice *.msi file. I tried this to silent install but every time after install is ready, my pc is going to reboot :( Anyone who can help me out with this one?

CLS
@echo off

ECHO.
ECHO Installing TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6.
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait msiexec /i "%CDROM%\Software\TMPGEnc\TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6.msi" /qn SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
EXIT

I would like at the sametime give my serial, because TMPGEnc put it not in the register, I've search the hole register but nothing.....

O btw I tried also the switch /QN and that give me same result, a fine reboot after install. :(

The registry key is stored here,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pegasys Inc.\TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6

Nope, in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 it is, but in TMPGEnc DVD Author it is only the value Registrationcode with a long (not the serials as in Plus) string.

I tried now several optieons to install it silent but no luck so far, anyone else a clue?

Try this start /wait msiexec /i "%CDROM%\Software\TMPGEnc\TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6.msi" SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn

tnx for your contribution, but no it isn't the trick I need.

PC is still rebooting after install, and no the serial isn't in the program, after the reboot I give my serial manualy to the program, and there is no problem with it, and yes I now I write it exactly the same. After that I looked with regedit in the register, and there is no serial in it. I asume TMPGEnc DVD Author does it different as TMPGEnc Plus, while there is the Serial in the register. I hope some one can helpe me with this one.....

• 1 month later...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pegasys Inc.\TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6

It looks like the serial is encrypted & machine dependent just like ultraiso. I regged it in vmware & used the reg on my real windows & now author is unregged.

• 2 weeks later...

nice one. As mine installed to C:\Program Files\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6, I had to change one line to- $DL_1 = @ProgramFilesDir & "\Pegasys Inc\TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6" ;Software Directory

PS it's on page 16 of Autoit sticky

Well I don't think we have an actual expert amoung all of us at AutoIt...and if so they sure aren't cluing us in.

I've clipped code from dang near every one thats posted in that thread. Ether some one has solved some thing I'm stuck on, or they have a cleaner way of doing things.

Really half or more of my scripts should be revised to reflect more current or cleaner methods of going about stuff.

drthawhizkid script is a perfect example for others to work from...only minor suggestion I might have is some thing that Mhz showed me the other day and thats making use of StringSplit.

So in the above mentioned script I would replace $SN_1-$SN_4 with just $SN_1 and redo the registration bit with some minor tweaks....this doesn't improve the script any...just a different way of doing things.

$SN_1 = "****-****-****-****"	; Serial Number

; Serial Number Registration
$SN = StringSplit( $SN_1 , '-' )
WinWaitActive ( "Serial number registration" )
ControlSetText ( "Serial number registration" , "" , "TEdit4" , $SN[1] )
ControlSetText ( "Serial number registration" , "" , "TEdit3" , $SN[2] )
ControlSetText ( "Serial number registration" , "" , "TEdit2" , $SN[3] )
ControlSetText ( "Serial number registration" , "" , "TEdit1" , $SN[4] )
ControlClick ( "Serial number registration" , "" , "TButton2" )

Any ways in time we may have an expert and maybe then we'll get a real tutorial on how to use it for best effect.

Till that point every one is just poking around in the dark trying to find the best way to do things. :)

Well get your self knee deep into this stuff and when you got a script done up be sure to post it along with mine and drthawhizkid, and the rest of the crew. A lot more gets done faster the more every one contributes. :)

@swampy

I wasn't downing your work, I was just saying that its good to just have one script for each program that's all. Don't stop trying to make autoit scripts. I got my format from nologic whose autoit script is perfect thus far. As nologic said, use either his scripts or mine as a example for yours. Later.