Windows 2000 Pro

amdmstf

2000 Pro w/SP3 owns...!!!

With me it was the reason why i chaged back to Xp....Sp3 as well as some other updates caused countless errors in explorer, mplayer etc etc...it was soo annoying and impossiable to fix, i just went back to XP...i dont regreat it either.

=Drew

A properly tuned Windows XP Pro is by far the best OS I have ever run. Win2K (pick your SP) just too limited multi-media-wise. But with any MS OS, it takes some time and effort to learn what you need to know to 'properly tune' your system. Guess that is why we spend so much time on MSFN and other boards. To learn!

CHEERS MSFN and user communities!!!!

LS_Dragons

My Win2k pro sp3 works fine no problems.It runs faster than my xp computer on a comparable hardware setup in each system.This I believe is happening because I have xp enhancements all turned on.XP is win2k pro based anyway,with many more features.I like them both,one is dressed up and the other is slummin.Drew did you install sp3 during a fresh install?I tried installing the sp3 during a fresh install and it gave me problems,but after I went to win update and downloaded the criticals and some recommended updates(after reformating) it worked fine.Also it might make a difference if you have sp2 to begin with.Just curious as to how you installed it. :)