reverse engineering a compaq OEM XP CD

ive followed the tut @ theeldergeek.com but the files that are burned onto the CD dont fit onto a CDR and I dont have a DVD burner and im thinking that I do not need 200MBs of stuff that is on the XP CD I have

if you go here:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstream_nero_procedure.htm

and scroll down to where it says "Adding The Files To Be Copied", and take a look at the picture there, you will notice a difference between that and the attached image ... the folder called USWXP32C_ZX is 200MBs or so ... and while theeldergeeks CD comes out to be about 525 MBs mine comes out to be about 722MB ... i tried just erasing all the folders and files that were obvious but the CD crashed sometime during the first part of the install where it is loading drivers

i am 99.9999% sure that i burned it correctly

is there a way to delete that folder? like reverse engineer the compaq OEM drivers, etc out of the install?

winXP.bmp

I have done this exact same thing using nlite and my compaq laptop, I didnt' want all that extra crap on there, now it has everything that I want and nothing that I do not want, and it installs just like a retail copy, I even have it put in the key for me, and with SP2 included, throw the disk in, select the partition, and come back later to a nice fresh installation. Got to give it up for the creator of nlite, excelent piece of software.

Will

PS to save money on cd's you can use the iso that nLite creates with VM Ware or another VM to test the install. Alot of the VM programs also have a trial version which is more then enough to pop out one UI cd.

thnx again

but i cant seem to integrate my mobos drivers or my sound cards drivers ... imthinking my sound cards drivers(santa cruz) might be more pain than they're worth .... but I have an intel 875 chipset and that should be easy enough but there are no "inf" files ... and what about directx? should i just stick all the "exe" files that dont extract w/ run command "c:/driverfolder/driver.exe -x" into the windows hotfixsection?

Sorry I can't be much help with the driver aspect because I haven't even gone near it for my two current builds.

As far as the .exe files that is a hole different aspect. It will take some time to look through everything but the unattended section will help you run any other program installs.

MSFN's Unattended XP CD

If your new to unattended installs don't cheat, read from begining to end then back to the forums and then you will understand the mysteries of life...

Well got to catch some shut eye -_-