Flash intro

I have made this full page flash intro for my website with macromedia flash mx. But my question is how can i get it to foward to the main page on my website?

I would like to have a few seconds of delay between this transition as if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

You can call other pages and such in flash, but there is nothing to my knowledge that will allow you to automatically redirect. The only way I know of how to do that is to do it as TomcaT said and put the tag in the html page. The other way is to have something in the flash that the user can click to enter.

BTW, how are you able to punch in your address and immediately call a flash doc that isn't embedded? I wasn't aware of such an ability. A .swf shouldn't be recognized as a valid index page. Generally swf's are alwasy embedded in some kind of html so they can have control over the size of the flash window, etc..

good luck

• 1 month later...

I always thought the practice was to embed your flash file in an HTML page, so the http redirect header would be the way to go.

If there is no HTML page what happens if the user does not have the flash player installed? At least in an HTML page the player can be downloaded if need be.

• 1 month later...
there is no html page. the entire page is flash

There has to be an index.htm or default.htm for the site to run ?!?!?

Unless your useing an .asp script... But in any case, the flash page would need to be opened from your source.

The "content=10" bit dictates how long the page will display.

But if you useing the flash to control a menu for example, then this wont work.

• 2 months later...