Updates?

Drewdatrip

Guest LouCypher

No problems here. Same version.

You running a firewall? Try disabling it entirely (unload, exit, whatever) and then try connecting to Windows Update. I'm running Tiny Personal Firewall 2.15 and it doesn't get in the way, but I have had problems connecting to Windows Update w/ @Guard and NPF running before. Even disabling them (with them still active in memory) didn't work. I had to exit and unload both to connect.

Drew, I sent your IP to M$ so yep they are on to you! JK I had probs. with connecting for when I used Devilsown...it would work on and off and now works all the time with Corporate version.

Rick:cool:

Guest LouCypher

The depends on if you've already got any updates. I've got the SB Live driver and Virtual Machine updates, and also retrieved the AMD k7 update myself. windowsupdate doesn't have any additional updates for me yet.

I honestly don't think that anybody has been blocked from getting updates...there has been nothing to update. Be assured that within the next couple of weeks, there will be a lot of hardware updates on there as the companies get their butts in gear and release XP compatible versions. Keep in mind that not many people are supposed to have XP Final yet, so they aren't getting slammed with bug reports, etc.

Rick

Rick