gpedit.msc for Windows XP Home?

alien2xx

Hi guys... I know it's been looong time since windows xp came out... I am looking on how to install gpedit into a Windows XP Home (maybe taking some files from XP Pro?), Is someone here that has done it? how?

I found a program that makes the same thing more or less, it seems to work with Home but I have not tried (it costs $49.00!!), this is called: 1st Security Agent .

found here:

http://www.softheap.com/newadminscreenshots.html

Thanks much!! :P

alien2xx

As far as I know it isn't possible to add group policy support to Home Edition; if some one found a way to do it I'm sure it would have been posted all over the place a long time ago. I've never heard of that program you mentioned but the price seems kind of steep to me; if I were going to spend that much I'd probably just go ahead and buy XP Professional. It may work just fine though, but I would want to try a demo first. Maybe check Google for some reviews at least. :)

I can recommend 1st Security Agent (or Advanced Security Administrator), it's well worth the money!! Group Policy isn't fully implemented even in XP Pro, it's there more for being part of a Domain.