Problem with my network

Iceglow

Ok not sure where this fits so I'll post it here.

I'm usually connected through a five port net lynx hub to the router at work but everytime someone plugs a laptop in to the net lynx a speciffic site drops out and wont re-connect untill the following sunday. The site in question is hhtp://hydre.trollscantsing.com its not a problem with their site as I know the creator of the site.and have spoken with him at length about this problem as for the last 3 weeks it has happened every time. I've checked to see if its a dns error by connecting directly to the ip of the site. I cant even ping the site when this happens and a trace route drops out after 20 hops or so. If anyone can shed some light on this problem I would be very grateful, because this site is very important to me.

thanks in advance

Ok not sure where this fits so I'll post it here.

I'm usually connected through a five port net lynx hub to the router at work but everytime someone plugs a laptop in to the net lynx a speciffic site drops out and wont re-connect untill the following sunday. The site in question is hhtp://hydre.trollscantsing.com its not a problem with their site as I know the creator of the site.and have spoken with him at length about this problem as for the last 3 weeks it has happened every time. I've checked to see if its a dns error by connecting directly to the ip of the site. I cant even ping the site when this happens and a trace route drops out after 20 hops or so. If anyone can shed some light on this problem I would be very grateful, because this site is very important to me.

thanks in advance

first off i would've put this under "Networks, Internet and Security" :P

secondly..

that seems VERY odd.. first off though i would try going to a DoS command prompt and type ipconfig /displaydns see if anything about the site is in there. (if so could you post it here just curious :D) then i would do ipconfig /flushdns

*edit* hmm.. just read your post a second time lol nevermind about this.. but it may still help.. lol

you say you have a 5 port hub or do you mean router? anyways.. can any of the other computers view that site?

another thing... you say you can't go to the site until the following sunday.. have you tried deleteing your cookies once the laptop is plugged in? i don't see why this would make a diffrence but just tossing ideas out there.

Edited by Bi0haZarD

have you already tried the host and lmhost file?

if the URL is in that file the site won't work. it could have been the work of spyware

also check the register for the URL (regedit) but BE CAREFULL and don't go there if you don't know what you're doing

if you do anything wrong in the register :hello: bye bye windows :hello: