Errors after almost successful install

After finally getting the correct switches for directx9.0c and all programs, my unattended installation makes it all the way to the last thing. Directx installation.

After this is finished I get a bunch of error messages i.e. systemroot\system32\drivers\mskssrv.sys cannot find kscachemedium in ks.sys, mpe.sys in kfreleasespinlock and so on. Streamip, stream and a couple others.

Does this have to do with the fact that directX is installed when no sound card is detected? (Its installed before device drivers.)

If so... or if anyone has an idea please post. All suggestions are taken into consideration. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi Arkady187,

I know this is a very old post but I got today the same errors when I tried to install a lot of updates (containing DirectX9c) during an unattended installation of W2000. I found that these errors only appears at the first login of the admin, which is normally done close after RunOnceEx is ready.

So I think the problem is that the updates works with a hal.dll which was updated only on the harddisk but is already loaded in memory and not reloaded until the next boot. So I will insert a reboot-command in the RunOnceEx-list to immediately reboot after executing all commands before first-time login.

Greetz,

Christian