can i and how can i create my own forum here?

murphy

Okay, I have a Charmed fan-site and what I really want to take it over the top is a decent forum (where I can easily add skins) I've tried some different ones (I want a forum software that I can INSTALL to my server), but so far, none have seen to like me.

I wish I could find a free download of Invisionboard or the forum software these boards use....if anyone can help me in anyway, I'd be totally grateful.

I have been searching and trying for almost a week now, so it's not like I didn't do some research of my own :)

xoxo,

Jen

the forum software these boards use...

Well, that board has at the bottom of its page clearly mentioned - UBB.Threads.

So if you need a free board, then forget both Invision as well as UBB - both are pay, and cost a whole lot, which is worth paying only when there is already a massive community visiting the board.

If you are interested in just getting the board software anyway, then warez downloads is the oyster..... But then, its not going to be long before you are caught and asked to pay-up, since this is online and anyone can see your board.

So what's the other option then?

1. phpBB (this one sucks, but has a huge modding/skinning community)

2. MyBB (not yet mature, but it has a good feature set, and user-base growing greatly)

3. SMF (this one's perfect - is good and has a large community for skinning/modding too. FYI, this one's the successor of YaBB-SE)

We would be pleased to hear again from you. If you have any more queries, do not hesitate to post them!

Hmm.... so what have you chosen?

My domain's CPANEL has SMF.

I just installed it, hoping this time I don't get totally confused (again).....

it's installed, but I got confused already. not with the forums themselves, but in the idea of skinning. I have five skin images....they're like a banner, I guess you could say *perfect for like tables in a way* 750x325....

SMF is wonderfully easy to install new skins or mods.... Maybe just some reading over the initial readme is required.....

Also, please remove or resize the image in your signature - its just too big since forum rules allow only 300x300.

• 4 weeks later...

Go with spammer, they give you a FREE forum. Very easy to set up and lots of themes available for free. It's also add free for a very long time.

(If you do join spammer please give me some of your Fbuck$ :lol: )

http://spammer.com

I've been using spammer for quite a while now and I believe it's the best out there.

• 4 months later...

Just out of curiosity (XPerties can probably answer this the best), what kind of bandwidth does MSFN see per month?

I'm not expecting to set anything up to match it any time soon. I'm just wondering what kinds of numbers to expect.

I thought that XPerties did the hosting for MSFN... I could very easily be mistaken however. :unsure:

1.3GB... that's not that much at all! I suppose that comes from the fact that most community applications are hosted elsewhere and the attachments are limited in size.

Ah... that makes a bit more sense. Thanks prathapml.

Those confusing commas and dots... different conventions for different parts of the world (although I should have figured that with xper being from Denmark). ;)

Tack så mycket, xper! :D

thanx for the fast reply now just one more question. would they be mad if i removed the (trial) from the bottom of the board i still left the copyrihgt i only removed the trial because the board is a unlimited trial and i dident want people to wonder how i added mods to a encoded version of the board since thats all thats still offered

thanx for the fast reply now just one more question. would they be mad if i removed the (trial) from the bottom of the board i still left the copyrihgt i only removed the trial because the board is a unlimited trial and i dident want people to wonder how i added mods to a encoded version of the board since thats all thats still offered

it's against their license agreement, which you also agreed to, to remove the trial :)