Slipstreaming my XP installation CD...?

heymike

I'm trying to make a boot cd with BartPE and it says I need the installation CD for "Windows XP Professional (must be slip streamed with Service Pack 1 or higher) "

I'm working off a cd copy and I'm guessing it's not slipstreamed with SP1.

Is there a way to find out if it is?

If it's not, is there a way that I can do this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also got a question about BartPE for those of who have used it before... the instructions say the following:

"Download the latest version of PE Builder, see the Download [#download] section on this page.

Just unpack the files from the PE Builder zipfile to some location you like.

Make sure you also unpack the subdirectories!"

I don't know what subdirectories they're talking about. When I unzipped BartPE there were 183 files but nothing labeled "subdirectories" and no other zip files are present.

Thank you~

I'm working off a cd copy and I'm guessing it's not slipstreamed with SP1.

Is there a way to find out if it is?

Ok, I just found out for sure that it's SP1 isn't on the cd. Can I change that?

(I've already tried copying the cd files to my HD but ran into an error with one of the files (photowiz) so my computer stopped copying the files.)

For instructions on slipstreaming, see Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD. This is about SP2, but the instructions are analog for SP1. An alternative and easier way is using software that does the slipstreaming for you. An example is nLite (also hosted on MSFN).

But either way you'll need to copy the contents of your Windows cd to your harddisk. It appears you get an error doing this. Maybe the cd is damaged? Try reading the disc in another cdrom drive.

Thanks Mahi - but what's the difference between a bootable CD and the installation CD? BartPE is telling me that I need an installation CD that's slipstreamed withe SP1... if I can manage to make a bootable CD with SP1, is that the same thing? Sorry, I'm new to all this.

Thanks again~