logon in 2k3 server

Wasim

hi, i have created a new user in windows 2k3 server however i get an error saying the user can not logon interactively. i have checked the security policies and there is non enabled for interavtive logons.

what need to be done?

Not 100% sure what you mean here.

Do you mean that the new user cannot log on to the server, or a client machine?

Are you using Active Directory (AD) and also, what are the client machines that you are using?

You need to give a bit more info please :)

Regards

N.

hmmm...

Its a funny one this as I'm the only person here who maintains & runs the system so I've never needed anyone else to be able to logon to the server.

One quick thought is that the new user would need sufficient rights to do so and would probably need to be in the Domain Admins group, if not the Administrators group..

But my thinking cap is on in case this dont help.

Regards,

N.

ahhh you just want it as a workstation...

I would say it might be best if you dont give it any server roles, maybe the file server one might be useful still (if you have other computers and have a local LAN setup)

I'd wager it will hog resources have these services & server roles running and obviously you dont want that when you're using it as a workstation.

Moreover, if you're gonna be surfing the net, all these additional services could be used by hackers & un-savy people so thats another big reason not to have the other roles installed and running.

Give it a try and see if that helps you user problem too :)

Regards,

N.

When you create a Domain Controller (install Active Directory), normal users do not, by default, have the right to logon using the Domain Controller. You need to run the Domain Controller Security Policy tool and allow Authenticated Users the right to logon locally.