DeeJay's Windows XP Unattended Project

Where did this go? did you ever get it 'done' ?

I had to move this project to forward couple of days/weeks.. Other more important projects came..

Still need more info to solve some problems with this project, see my first post.

Br,

Dj

FOR TEAMSPEAK!!!

What I've done was make an installation package myself. I used Installrite. I took a snapshot, then installed teamspeak, put in server info, and all my settings. Then I took second snapshot, compared, and made an installation package that way. Works great with all my server and settings already to go!

• 2 weeks later...

hi DJin,

good idea to do that project....

Only one question.... since october 14 no news.....

1- Are you stille worlking on the project...

2- Could You give the instructions for the steps already DONE.

Anyway good job, especially for newbies like me.

REDMASK

@all

Finally got some time to do this project further.. Still need for more

information. If you know answers to my problems (see first mail) please

instruct me.. :P

@redmask

Yep, I'm going to write full diary about this project but now I don't have much

time to this but if you want to know someting, just ask.. I'll might be have enough time to help.. Or then somebody else will :D

Explain how did you get this:
[DONE] Driver integration: HP DeskJet 3325 printer

Please!

I have a HP Deskjet 3820, and it must be done identically! I think!

Thanks in advance!

Yep, this was hard. I made the installation using AutoIt v3 from http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/ so it's not driver integration, it's just automated installation :P

You need to install that first.

Then copy drivers .exe from hp.com

Then do normal install but keep autoit window spy running and make

instructions to you from autoit window spy's information about screens and texts and what you pressed etc..

Then you need to do AutoIt script based on your instructions..

This ain't easy task but you'll manage to do it if your read instructions carefully. See example scripts of autoit and you know how to do it. I'll check my script later and send it to you if you need it, but I think you still have to make own because of different printer..

Edit: my script:

printer3325.au3

Djfin,

glad to see that you still work on the project.

I'll wait the final guide (hope that we'll get it soon).

Jsut one more question : will you use WPI 2.7 in order to give the choice of install or not an apps/driver ?

could you explain how to make not an CDR iso but a DVD iso (is the boot.img is the same ?)

Thanks a lot.

Redmask

:thumbup:thumbup

I'll wait the final guide (hope that we'll get it soon).

Jsut one more question : will you use WPI 2.7 in order to give the choice of install or not an apps/driver ?

There is no choice. This project is just for making fully unattended installation for those apps/drivers I have wrote in 1st post. Drivers are integrated using nLite and apps are installed from runguionce at first login.

could you explain how to make not an CDR iso but a DVD iso (is the boot.img is the same ?)

hmm. Don't know answer to this. I don't even have DVD drive. All stuff are packed to 1 CD in this project.. heh, it's little over 600 MB at the moment. Let see if I have to make CD change or will it be 1 CD at the final state..

Explain how did you get this:
[DONE] Driver integration: HP DeskJet 3325 printer

Please!

I have a HP Deskjet 3820, and it must be done identically! I think!

Thanks in advance!

Yep, this was hard. I made the installation using AutoIt v3 from http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/ so it's not driver integration, it's just automated installation :P

You need to install that first.

Then copy drivers .exe from hp.com

Then do normal install but keep autoit window spy running and make

instructions to you from autoit window spy's information about screens and texts and what you pressed etc..

Then you need to do AutoIt script based on your instructions..

This ain't easy task but you'll manage to do it if your read instructions carefully. See example scripts of autoit and you know how to do it. I'll check my script later and send it to you if you need it, but I think you still have to make own because of different printer..

Edit: my script:

I have looked at your AutoIt file and it looks very intuitive. I thik i will be able to make that work.

I have a method of installing the driver only if the printer is present. That is check if a certain file exists and install it only if that file exists.

Just onother question: At what stage do you install your printer drivers? Is it GuiRunOnce?

Thanks!

Just onother question: At what stage do you install your printer drivers? Is it GuiRunOnce?

Thanks!

It's at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx so it's installed during first login. (login is automatic)

You seem to have done quite a bit (possibly more than most) already, but I was thinking of something more you might like to attempt:

You have set up your video card install for catalyst, but what if the install cd could identify between the major types (nvidia as well), and then install the relevant driver(s).

I reckon this would be doable at least for the catalyst and detonator drivers, and maybe even for others.

It makes the cd install much more compatible with varying computers in a network environment.

Worth a try, I reckon :thumbup