Recover WEP key

big_gie

Hi,

To access a wlan, someone typed in the key for me on my computer (128 bit wep key).

Is there a way I can see it? I just can't find a way to learn it... I've tryed google but it always return me some info on cracking wep keys, which is not what I want to...

Anyone have an idea? Thanx

The easy way is talk to that person and ask them what the WEP key is!

I have a wireless modem router with WEP enabled, i can actually log into the router and view the WEP key, perhaps try this. Once you got it, all should be ok.

This is why documenting such things, while boring, is essential.

The problem is, where I am they insist to enter the key themself, but the person doing it doesn't know a thing about where to enter it. So when their wlan go crazy and windows forget the key, I need to go back to them to enter it again. And they don't know a thing about linux either.

All I want is to copy paste the key so when my computer forget it, I can set it back in no time.

When you connect to the WLAN your system should realize a key is needed and ask you for it. This is when the key should be entered. On XP just view wireless networks and then connect to it.

I really don't understand why this person insists on doing it themselves, if they are allowing you access to the network why not just give you the key.

This is really sounding like a 'human issue' if they don't know what they are doing then allow someone who knows do it.

When you connect to the WLAN your system should realize a key is needed and ask you for it. This is when the key should be entered. On XP just view wireless networks and then connect to it.

Yeah I know, and they insisted to enter it themselves... So the key is entered on my computer, BUT I can't see it and I would like to.