Green Machine - Hows the New Version Going ?

krismark

Windows XP Media Center 2005 is not based on XP SP2 it is XP SP2 with a second CD containing the MCE files. The only problem with it is... it wont fit on one CD so it will be hard to add patches.

Well, on the article that I've read, it displayed the installation of the "Windows XP Professional" at the first point of the DOS installation part or what ever you wanna call it. Also said that it is based on WinXP SP2 as the article refered to it by the MS staffs.

And yes, I know that it is in two CDs. I didin't care to mention it since many people are up to date on things like this here :rolleyes:

With all those Multimedia add-ons, I think that nobody ever uses a DVD-uncompatible drive as the product itself would be resource hungry as I suspect so I guess it won't be a problem to use the XPCREATE and update it with the patches.

Maybe it is just as simple as copying the contents of the CD1 and CD2 to a temporary drive, XPCREATE it, and burn it on a DVD+-R/RW for their own use.

One more thing, I don't have WinXP MC2005 so I haven't tested it. Just to let you know.

Exactly Vel Straty.

Who'd use MC2005 without a DVD-ROM (or combo) drive in it *at least*...as the whole point of it is for playing dvd's/watching films/etc.

So really, you'd never need to use a cd on it really thus dvd builds would be much prefered.

Regards,

N.

believe it or not, I had problems getting the computer to boot from DVD to install windows, and when I got it working it was insanely slow on the real pc, wmware speed was not affected. I think it had something to do with using "CD"image, so then I tried UltraISO, but I think that it just created an obese CD image, lol.

I used a NEC 2500a and an Epox EP-8RDA3+ Mobo. Can anyone drop a quick advice for how to burn a bootable DVD properly?

believe it or not, I had problems getting the computer to boot from DVD to install windows, and when I got it working it was insanely slow on the real pc, wmware speed was not affected.  .....

I think it won't help at all but just for quick response.

I had the problem of booting from a CD once. Sometimes it booted from the CD and many times it couldn't boot from the CD. It was because of the defective HDD drive that was connected to the same IDE cable, ofcourse, the master and slave jumers were configured.

At first, I thought it was because of the firmware of the DVD drive but later found out as I wrote above that the HDD was BAD, and when I removed the HDD from the IDE cable, it worked fine.

Also, booting from the DVD drive works for me as like booting from the CD.

I'll post the XPC list so that the new comers can use it and the testers by GM can also use it as well. But I doubt that not much Japanese WinXP ppl are using XPC. Anyway, I'll get the JPN version up for starting purposes since its not up on the server anymore.

If nothing else atleast fix the version thats out so that some of us that have been waiting for months for proxy support can atleast use it. I get sick of wasteing my bandwidth at home to do things for work especialy when i dont get paid to do it at home. :(