Green Machine - Hows the New Version Going ?

krismark

The New Version was fine ... until this latest round of hotfixes came out. Now I am trying to get it working for those. As for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, I don't have a copy, so I cannot say! I would imagine it would be fine ...

As soon as I get these last "kinks" out, I'll let those interested take it for a run.

just a fast question

r u updating the updates 4 other languages too? win2k german for example :) cuz i only see on the win2k security updates thread only for english version o_O

GM, I hope you're not waiting for the Red Sox to with the World Series before releasing it.  Could be a long wait.

:D

[Offtopic]

I dont know man you see last nights game?

They pushed it to Game 7!

Alot of my family is from New York....but its nice seeing a team like the Red Sox challenging the yanks every so often.

[/Offtopic]

In regards to the new release...we are patiently waiting GM..cant wait to see what you got up your sleeve for the new one

:)

|Drew|

I dont know the construction of the CD's inside and out, but I don't see why adding patches to MCE 2005 CD's is a big deal. From what I understand the only difference is when the user inputs a MCE Product ID and Setup installs the MCE cab files. CD1 is just a XP Pro Disc, and when a MCE key is entered the 'extra' files from cd2 are copied as well. Correct me if if wrong. :unsure:

Hey Green Machine,

Great Job. Just today I was facing a re-install of W2K on a non-networked PC, and I was not at all looking forwards to doing all the hotfixes manually. A program like XPCREATE was just what I had been looking for. Serves Micro$hit right for neglecting one of less revolting product lines and delaying SP5 for W2K indefinitely, to force us to consider WXP anew each month when the PC needs a revitalizing overhaul again.

XPCREATE rulez! Its proactive approach in the face of corporate failure reminds me of Spybot Search & Destroy... Maybe you should call it

"WinBug Search & Destroy: Eliminate 99% of known bugs and security loopholes even BEFORE you install them first!"

:)

Too bad it's between versions, I guess I'll check back again each day.

GM, I hope you're not waiting for the Red Sox to with the World Series before releasing it.  Could be a long wait.

:D

What's a matter, can't wait ten days?

[Offtopic]

I dont know man you see last nights game?

They pushed it to Game 7!

Alot of my family is from New York....but its nice seeing a team like the Red Sox challenging the yanks every so often.

[/Offtopic]

You mean there were some folks not watching? I don't know about The Team, but I'm sure exhausted!

Not that I want to point fingers, but ... look what happened to those cellar teams Seattle and Texas when they got rid of the "Greatest Player In Baseball".

If there are any unemployed out there, perhaps now is the time to talk to The Boss about working in N.Y.: I hear there are a lot of openings ...

So ... Johnny B. Good, and I know who my Papi is!

Happy Birthday, Mickey!

Well, we have a couple of off days, so maybe I'll get back to work!

GM... MCE2005 works great with xpcreate. I have used it already. Just make sure you move the CMPNENTS folder next to the i386 directory basically the root directory. And it will all fit on one cd if you take the lang and the upgrade folders out.

GM my question is why is it necassary for XPCREATE to copy the contents of the XPSOURCE and USERFILESCD to the CDROOT folder in order to create the iso? The step put all the files together takes like 20 mins.... IE my final disk size is close to 4gigs after completion. But it seems to me that there should be some way to create the iso without copying all that data from where it is to another spot just to create the iso... DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?