DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore - not working

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing","BehaviorOnFailedVerify",0x00010003,00000000

I thought something was odd about your first idea

HKCU???

I will try

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing","Policy",0x00000001,00

and if that doesnt work then this one

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000010

Thanks for your help so fare, and sorry if I sounded like a bit of a big head before, just I never had any problems, I read it somewhere on the forum that you arnt actualy ment to install the GART drivers anymore, hense why I dont have it in there

Anyway I will keep trying this the ANNOYING Dilemma

there added them all

just to be safe

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
ClassGUID={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.1.2600.2180

[AddReg]

;Driver Signing
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing","BehaviorOnFailedVerify",0x00010003,00000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing","Policy",0x00000001,00
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000010
;End Driver Signing

I will be producing a mod of RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack which includes the latest patches if he doesnt beat me :)

The HKCU is right... Adding it to the HIVEDEF.INF will add it to the Default User Account... Therefore, as soon as you create a new account, this key gets copied across...

So, there is nothing wrong with my key.

This is exactally what I have to disable driver signing..

HIVEDEF.INF

WINNT.SIF

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

That is all that is needed to install unsigned drivers. If you drivers STILL won't install, you will need to run the setup program or install them manually because Windows setup won't detect the hardware properly or won't associate the INF with your hardware properly.

Yeah.. Thanks keul... quote from keul in the other thread:

Description
Determines what should happen when an attempt is made to install any nondevice driver software that has not been certified.

If you set the three items above Windows will install the best (in it's opinion) driver for your hardware device REGARDLESS of whether it is WHQL'd or not.

I do this with the nForce and nVidia drivers... Some machines have a nVidia graphics card not listed in the ForceWare drivers INF... They get the default nVidia drivers whereas ones that ARE listed in the ForceWare drivers INF get the unsigned drivers installed.

Build v1.051 is going though my PC now, this is the first build that’s been written to DVD since these ideas where brought forward, I'm very interested to see what NonDriverSigningPolicy does, if anything

Will edit this post to show results be they +/-

It’s all working

The new ATi drivers are much better than the old once, I read that they fixed a memory application problem with GPUs with 256MB RAM seeing my 9600 Pro and X800 both have 256MB I thought it might be a good idea to try them out, its made my X800 more stable in a Windows environment, but still the screen goes off and comes back on, but colours are no longer reduced to 4 afterwards :) and haven’t had it lock up YET!

To be honest I think its to do with my PC only having a 200Watt power supply and being a MINI PC it gets hot in there! When I get my new power supply I will have to try it in my main PC (Specs below)

Right thats it, i am going to try my ATi 9600 Pro in it as it doesn't seem to drain as much power, otherwise I am going to have to put it down to the drivers :wacko:

Edited by codejunkie