SP2 and Printer drivers

George27

In the last week I bought a Deskjet 5740, it runs for a while then I'm not exactly sure but after using PerfectDisk defragger and after inserting a data cd in either drive I get this bsod: stop; 0x00000019 (0x00000020,00x82775648, 0x0A030001). I found out that this is driver related issue. Doing a search on the net I see (at least I'm hoping that I'm not the only one) that there are other people have installation issues with new HP printers and SP2. I can get the drivers on but not off. System restore doesn't help. I haven't been able to reach HP and from what I can see that there is no fix yet

. Sp2 has been running flawlessly prior to this.

The problem I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me with is after the bsod the data cds , in either drive, if the cd has entries that were recorded over 10 burnings xp will only read the first. Nero can see all the burns. Is there a fix to get xp to read all the data on the disks barring a clean install back to SP1?

TIA

It sounds like you have issues reading multisession discs (don't know if they were created the right way). isobuster could rescue data from them too. i haven't seen such issues with xp sp2 yet, but i don't normally use multisession much...

This has never happened prior to installing the printer drivers. It's happening on every disk whether it was written on this machine or not. They work just fine on different PCs. After a clean install the data is all there untill I reinstall the HP drivers and after a while the same bsod. I'm back to SP1. Durnnig the first reinstall I set up bios to boot from the atapi cdrom and it wouldn't untill I unplugged the the usb cable that was attached to the printer. That same cable worked just fine withe the previous printer.