Force Bliss.jpg unattendly

Fished around & tested but wandering if anyone else has noticed this.The Bliss.jpg which normally is the default paper in xp does not appear only standard blue screen. I have basically Rebuilt my unattended disk using sp2 with NLite using RyanVMs hotfix pack & have not removed themes wallpapers or savers, have not used any regtweaks in this regard or deleted any of these entrys in my main batch file. Could anyone throw some light my way would be appreciated? :unsure:

Not sure why you are having the problem, but if you like I right a small app for you so set the wall paper to it or anything you want.

I look forward to your assistance. I changed & renamed my wallpaper & makecabbed it to use this as my custom default wallpaper for ease.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried using your app for my cd since I wanted my own desktop picture to load but I can't get it, or anything else I try, to work. Here is my start.cmd entries:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Application\wallpaper\Changewallpaper.exe /C\windows\Web\wallpaper\Diagram.jpg

I've tried to change it to %systemdrive% instead of C:\ windows too and it doesn't work either. I have also tried moving it around in the order from near the beginning to the very last command run and it won't change it.

I tried using my reg file as well but it won't swap the wallpaper either. Here is that code as well"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

;Disable Automatic Restart in the event of a BSOD
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl]
"AutoReboot"=dword:00000000

;Wallpaper before and After Login
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\wallpaper\\Diagram.jpg"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\wallpaper\\Diagram.jpg"

What am I doing wrong?

I've also noticed that I don't even have bliss.jpg anywhere on my CD and yet it loads every time! Where does it hide? I could always edit the picture itself to what I want if i knew where to find it. FYI, I searched with hidden files and folders enabled :rolleyes::blink:

I've also noticed that I don't even have bliss.jpg anywhere on my CD and yet it loads every time! Where does it hide? I could always edit the picture itself to what I want if i knew where to find it. FYI, I searched with hidden files and folders enabled :rolleyes:  :blink:

Look for bliss.jp_ You can make such files with makecab command.

I've also noticed that I don't even have bliss.jpg anywhere on my CD and yet it loads every time! Where does it hide? I could always edit the picture itself to what I want if i knew where to find it. FYI, I searched with hidden files and folders enabled :rolleyes:  :blink:

Look for bliss.jp_ You can make such files with makecab command.

Yeah thats cool & have done that but it does not appear as default as a normal installation of XP would?

Oh, I know it's supposed to be there. I removed all the wallpapers when I used nlite - just so I could have only my own on the disk. It must have worked because a search comes up empty...the question still remailns though.....where is it hiding if i still get coming up as the default wallpaper? Is it hiding in a dll?