58C Too Hot?

reubend

Yeah, decided to ask the pros... After about 10mins of running a few light apps my temp is 57-58 degrees celcius. My specs are:

AMD XP 2700+ (using stock AMD heatsink/fan)

ASRock K7S41GX

120gb 7200 Segate Hard drive

80gb 7200 WD Hard drive

2 80mm case fans (also the side of my case is always open)

Any ideas on what I should do, Also note that I am very cheap so I can't spend a lot on a new heatsink/fan combo but if theres something out there that can help me and the price is good I wont ming buying it.

Thanks a lot guys.

Ok, forget to say somethings:

when i boot into xp the temp is 46 and it rises up to 58 in about 10 min.

i have arctic siver 5 on the cpu, so the thermal compound is good.

the temp in the room that the pc is in is about 23C.

It's a little high, but it's within specs and won't hurt anything. See if it's really that high by running in the bios screen for a half hour and checking it there. Depending on the design of your case and the quality of your fans, you may get better temps by having the cover on.

It's a little high, but it's within specs and won't hurt anything. See if it's really that high by running in the bios screen for a half hour and checking it there. Depending on the design of your case and the quality of your fans, you may get better temps by having the cover on.

thanks, i will try what you said and report back. first i will leave it in the bios for a whille then check the temp. then i will put the side back on then do the same thing.