FF VII and new graphics cards?

ChunkDog

Well, this game is the s***, and I would like to use it on my updated PC, but FFVII requires a graphics card with 8 bit paletted texture support, witch my 9700 Pro does not have. Anyone know of a way to "Emulate" this feature so I dont have to play hte game in software rendering mode :puke: .

Well, this game is the s***, and I would like to use it on my updated PC, but FFVII requires a graphics card with 8 bit paletted texture support, witch my 9700 Pro does not have. Anyone know of a way to "Emulate" this feature so I dont have to play hte game in software rendering mode :puke: .

Do you have the playstation version?

If not, it would be in your best interest to obtain it and use a PSX emulator to get your Cloud on. The PC version of FFVII is "okay," at best. You need to see it in 1024x768x32 4xAA.

www.epsxe.com

Check it out...I'm sure there's more than a few of us that have done this type of thing before. :) Happy hunting.

u can only run in software rendering mode cos the xp patch only supports the following chipsets:

3Dfx Voodoo

3Dfx Voodoo2

3Dfx Voodoo Rush

3Dlabs Permedia2

ATI Rage Pro

Intel I740

Matrox G200

NEC PowerVR2

nVIDA GeForce2

nVIDA GeForce4 MX

nVIDA RIVA 128

nVIDA TNT

gf4 ti n fx can be used after tweaking dx8.1 to enable 8bit palette in rivatuner. no radeons supported