Windows Code Name "Florida"

BetaSith

Hi, I am new here but I am starting the first minutes I am here allready a project! I am making a custom version of Windows that means that it is a customized version, not made by MS itselves but by someone else, now I am starting this project...

It will contain and based on:

-Windows XP

-Slipstreaming SP2

-Virtual Desktop Manager

-Slideshow maker

-Nightlife (More info down*)

-Night and Day UI

-Contacts shell folder

-Nightlife Centers (More info down*)

-Movement (More info down*)

-Transparant effects

-NEW! Windows Messenger 6 (Custom)

-NEW! Windows Media Player 10

Things can be changed added or removed.

And this is only the beginning!

*Nightlife: New shell that will run the *Nightlife Centers who are made

for easy using Windows and getting everywhere in a couple of simple clicks!

*Movement: Movement will be in the new shell who will be intigrated in Nightlife to bring nice effects in there!

Deadline:

Alpha 1: end October

Beta 1: December

Beta 2: January

RC 1: March

RC 2: May

RTM: June :D

Screenshots!

Virtual Desktop Manager

MSVDM.JPG

Desktop and start menu:

Floridass.JPG

Contacts bar:

contacts.JPG

Redesgined Run:

Run.JPG

Compact Start Menu:

compactstart.JPG

Nightlife StartCenter

StartCenter.JPG

Nightlife Centers Home

CentersHome.JPG

E-mail Center

E-mailcenter.JPG

I need your help too!

-Testing

-Helping me

-Coding Longhorn style Browser (File and Web)

-And tips and tricks that I can use!!

Comments are very welcome :)

Last chanches before its to late: become a tester, Florida build 1001 is being made ready to be given out to testers!

~BetaSith

It's nice, but what's the point in doing a release of it? Everyone customizes Windows to suit their own needs anyway.

Sorry for being so sceptical, but I don't see the point. Also, it's not really a topic for discussion on this forum.

-nARkwS-

Okay, but is'nt it nice too to see a real complete os growing out of this forums

But it isn't. It's a customized Windows installation. I think maybe if it'd been a re-write of the GUI, but still based on NT's lowlevel architecture then it'd be commendable, but it isn't, it's a high level customization.

I'm not gonna comment any more coz I hate disrespecting people's work. Your customization is very nice indeed. You have good design skills.

-nARkwS-

I really like the idea. I think it's really neat and will make Windows much more user friendly (at least from what I've seen so far).

One suggestion... rename it to Windows Code Name "Superman" or something that, maybe a tribute to the late Christopher Reeve...

Thank you very mutch about the reply's :D

About the shell the shell is a new applications that runs and takes full desktop of Windows. It runs the Nightlife Centers, who are the key to use Windows, by its easy to use interface, it will not take much cpu, less then explorer annyway, in the first Alpha, it will be not intigrated in the old shell yet, you will need to use a batch script to enable it. Its not based on annything and it uses some cool effects (like spinning Windows,flying around the desktop and more , there will be 3D in it later with windows that are runned by 3D. The intigrated Windows (like Nightlife Centers) will allready have effects and transparantcity , but Windows like Explorer will not still have it, I need to have someone that can make a FileBrowser that can run in that style transparant with effects...