anyone tried giant anti-spyware?

www.spywarewarrior.com is a great resource for checking various different spyware products out. He has a list of "Rogue Anti-Spyware" products that either rip-off/clone popular products (such as Ad-Aware and Spybot) or that are adware/spyware supported themselves (making their usefulness dubious at best) or that have a consistent record of false positives making them unreliable. Very handy resource. Any time I hear about a new product, I usually check up on it there. Giant Anti-Spyware did rank in their trusted section. Of course, then again so did PestPatrol, and their free "online scanner" found Virtual Bouncer on my machine after an up-to-date scan with both Ad-Aware SE 1.05 and Spybot S&D 1.3 found absolutely nothing on my machine. Not to mention that I know about VB and there is no way in the world I would allow it on my computer. So I guess you can draw your own conclusion from that.

Edited by Jito463

I've got "Giant Antispyware" on my machine and it seems to work realy well, I,ve also got the trial version of "Spy Blocks" and when I do a scan it finds a huge number of things/problems on my system that the others dont, I was wondering if anyone else has this on theyre machine and does it work>??

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried it for the first time - and it also will be the last.

It seems to detect every app that *could* possibly bundle adware as adware itself. Like, my registered FlashGet is detected as a "elevated" spyware threat, when in fact it's not a threat at all... (a few occurences of that)

Another big problem: every remote control app you have will be reported too. Dameware, VNC (diff versions too), RAdmin, ... you name it, it's all spyware now!

Plus, it's super slow, big bulky interface, kinda backwards... Don't care for it. Plus, it's a memory hog (over 20MB).

No more of that for me thanks. I'm staying with my old spy sweeper / spybot / ad aware trio :) (Plus, since I use Firefox and not IE - I hardly ever get any spyware anymore...)

Not to mention, if it wanted to pick insafe or "potentially dangerous" apps, it forgot to find and delete the most dangerous one that gets all that spyware on your PC in the first place: IE :lol:

I'd much rather see that one gone than my other software which is actually useful. If it wasn't for windows update, there would be no sign of it on my pc...