DotNet 1.1 SP1 & WMP 10

fczajka

Windows Media Connect place this one into the folder svc-x2m and it works great

but windows mediaplayer 10 gives a popup whit instalation about system restore

maybe do you known what's happend about that

Hello GM

It is not the media connect that's popup but its the dutch mediaplayer 10 this one did become to us this week into the netherlands.

the popup says that systemrestore its be disabled and some other stuff.

When i click on ok its going on without problems

thanks

jacob

Thanks, jobbie.

I'm still looking into this, but what appears to be happening is that Windows Media Connect makes a call to WMP 10 Setup, which in turn reports the error. A simple test that you could perform (and report the results!) would be to take your installation that gives the warning, and re-XPCREATE it, removing only the Windows Media Connect Update.

Another thing: Whether you select OK or Cancel from that error/warning message, Windows Media Connect still will install. This supports the hypothosis that WMP is displaying the error, but as I said, I believe it is only the WMP 10 / WMC combination that causes this behaviour.

If anyone else has any further info, please post!

A simple test that you could perform (and report the results!) would be to take your installation that gives the warning, and re-XPCREATE it, removing only the Windows Media Connect Update.

Removing the WMC also removes the warning/error.

WMP 10 installs fine.

• 2 weeks later...

fczajka; Officially, Microsoft does not recomend integrating .NET Framework(I don't know why.But may be a license problem).

Because of this, I create a folder with a name DOTNETFX and copy everything from the original DOTNETFX folder in FREE-SP2 CD(This CD is completely free to all countries).

This is not going to install .NET but now you can install it with its SP1 from the Auto-Run Menu of the CD(Perform Additional Tasks -->Install .NET FrameWork).It will work..