Need help with silent install StyleXP 2.15

Theimon

I'm trying to do add StyleXP to my Unattended Windows XP. I found the switch (which is /S) but after the install it still asks to apply a theme. (To check whether the install went well or not) This is not automated. After that question it will show the Stylexp mainscreen. Can I get rid of this by using the "taskkill" command?

And question number 2. To register Stylexp, you have to open the program and go to the registration field etc. I haven't found a reg key or file that contains my register information. That would be easy, then I could export or copy it from there. Does anyone know where the reg. info is put?

TIA

I too have tried to track down this reg thing, and I know one thing that is currently awaiting a reply from TGT Soft. It is tied into your PC's component configuration similarly to Windows activation. It sees your config, generates a number and the code only works for that number, preventing you from installing on a different, OR EVEN UPGRADED PC.

That said, I do have a few suggestions.

1st, Use a utility to monitor the install of all things, like the one in Norton SystemWorks 2004.

2nd, You could copy all the files in the install directory to somewhere else prior to registering, then register StyleXP and compare files and/or modified dates of files.

3rd search the registry for your actual code, not StyleXP, since it may be under an unusual name.

It actually seems that TGT has taken all necessary precautions to prevent piracy by engineering their stuff to make it impossible, unlike some of the lame-a** game developers these days that don't want to spend the money to develope anti-piracy technology, and I applaud them.

(Hmm, Electronic Arts good job, PainKiller guys, get a clue!!)

Reaper out!

I too have tried to track down this reg thing, and I know one thing that is currently awaiting a reply from TGT Soft.  It is tied into your PC's component configuration similarly to Windows activation.  It sees your config, generates a number and the code only works for that number, preventing you from installing on a different, OR EVEN UPGRADED PC.

That said, I do have a few suggestions.

1st, Use a utility to monitor the install of all things, like the one in Norton SystemWorks 2004.

2nd, You could copy all the files in the install directory to somewhere else prior to registering, then register StyleXP and compare files and/or modified dates of files.

3rd search the registry for your actual code, not StyleXP, since it may be under an unusual name.

It actually seems that TGT has taken all necessary precautions to prevent piracy by engineering their stuff to make it impossible, unlike some of the lame-a** game developers these days that don't want to spend the money to develope anti-piracy technology, and I applaud them.

(Hmm, Electronic Arts good job, PainKiller guys, get a clue!!)

Reaper out!

1st. I've done this using Installrite 2.5. I reviewed what files where changed or added, but it seemed only to be settings and integration files. No file seems to be the registerfile.

I built an install kit as well, but that didn't work ok. It installed StyleXp or not at all so that's not an option

2nd. I haven't tried this yet. Maybe this will give an answer.

3rd. I've tried this. As well for the hardware ID the program generates as well as the serial it determines for the program. Both couldn't be found, so either it's not in the registry or it is but in encrypted.

I will try the second option. Who knows...

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

I tried it but I can't copy ALL files cause then you get a read error on the iconconfig.xml file. Even when you stop the StyleXP-service. I went through the install logs again but I just can't find what file I have to "work on". Aaaargh.....it's starting to get to me :wacko:

why not use a fixed UXTheme.dll and themes together ?

no more that software needed!

I don't know actually :D

I'm just playing around with this unattended installation, and I was going through my currently installed apps list. That's why I was wondering what switch it could be. But I don't think it's gonna work so I'll just skip this one.