help about SQL-Server 2000 VERY URGENT!

I have to install a SQL-Server 2000 Enterprise instance on a windows 2000 workstation sp4. When i put the cd, install wizard starts but it says that i can't install a server instance on a workstation, it must be installed on a server.

Is there any solution¿?

In addition of this, IIS of windows 2000 workstation only lets me to configure 1 virtual site. There is any way of disable that restriction?

Thanks for advance

MooNShadoW

the only version of sql 2000 that can be installed on a windows 2000 pro machine is sql 2000 personal edition. IIS in windows 2000 pro is limited to 1 site and 5 concurrent connections, there is no way round this other than installing server unfortunatly

That isn't true. There ARE solutions other than moving to server directly - although server ed is a better option in many cases.

You can also install the developper edition (works on xp pro too). If that's not an option for you, then there's always sql expres/msde, mysql and such...

About the limitations of IIS on 2k pro (same as XP Pro / IIS 5.1), you can edit your metabase (with metaedit 2.2, free from microsoft) to a number less than 40 and it'll work. There is also a utility (vbscript) to do it. (the thing is, most web browsers will open more than one socket... so it's still not quite 29 users, more like 10-20 simultaneously - enough for low traffic or a testing server)

As for the virtual sites, some (free) 3rd party control panels/utilities will let you add more.