Gletscherboard

Koala6

Hy Guys !

For all people, that are interested in a German Board with a friendly atmosphere in a very special round of users... try this : www.gletscherboard.info

We've got a lot of toppicks about comp and also a lot of no-comp-tops. Feel free to join us.

At this time I wanna thank you, guys (admins and mods), for keeping the msfn board running. It's a nice place for me, to see what's up to the M$ Users in other locations than Germany. I will make a thread for your board in ours too.

My best wishes to all boardies here

Koala6

Gletscherboard, ...not only for "Sauerkrauts"

lol, now why do you think we call you guys sauerkrauts?! :)

actually, when i went to germany i had a bratwurst in a bun with sauerkraut, it was beter than any hot dog! ^_^

good to see other boards koala, as its a shame we dont have a multilingual comunity here, well.. we do but people all post in english!

i expect a lot of people get put off posting because they dont speak very good english or think they will be poked fun at, which is a shame.

i just wish my german was more than a few words :rolleyes:

(why do english speakers never learn another language properly! weird)

Hi !

good to see other boards koala, as its a shame we dont have a multilingual comunity here

Most english communities are multilingual in a special way... I think most people have a little bit of "english-experience". So the best way for international communication is in english.

The Sauerkrauts is a WW2 relict, as far as I know. To me it sounds a little bit funny and that inspired me to use it here :)

@FthrJACK : Good to know, that you visited "us" and had a great bratwurst - hehe. We have a lot of other great meals too, so I tell you that you've missed a lot. I hope that I'll find the time and the money, to visit your country. In "AoE 2 The Conquerors" I allways choose the "British" because of the archers...

Best wishes

Koala6

Koala6, "We have a lot of other great meals too, so I tell you that you've missed a lot."

Yea, I like the schnitzel with Pils :rolleyes:

FthrJack, "actually, when i went to germany i had a bratwurst in a bun with sauerkraut, it was beter than any hot dog!"

Give us a ring next you drop in for a stay ... you are always welcome here. :)

Hey guys !

...and especially lynchknot : Ja, ich habe einen guten Tag !

If anyone of you decides to travel to germany, gimme an PN and you'll be welcome at "my castle" :)

@MSNwar : I traveled to the States 2 years ago (to NewMexico & Texas) and what miss 'till today are the great burgers with french fries, or brownies with french toast, eggs sunny side up and beacon for breakfast every friday morning. I stayed there for about 3 months and it was a great time !

Oh what I forgot to ask : Do you like Schnitzel with Pils (beer) or Schnitzel with Pilze (mushrooms)... ? I think you mean the Pils :rolleyes:

Koala6

MSNwar, your in germany? but american?

heh, you guys do travel when it suits you! lol (apart from snowbirds, they dont count)

Koala, yes we do sometimes call Germans "the hun" or sauerkrauts, but usually only when its the world cup, and its all in good humour and fun, the papers make jokes about it etc, some papers even poke fun at german news papers and i think the german papers poke fun back.

i was just suprised you knew about it is all :)

Koala6, the beer, but the shrums are good, jager schnitzel is our favorite. A guest house (restaurant) we frequent serves a schnitzel the size of the plate and fries (pommes) are a side order that two people could eat. Hey "I am the FatMan" :rolleyes:

Tris, uh-huh, American but I live here in Germany because I work for an American company that has offices here. Seriously, give me a ring next time you visit, my home is always open to you. No need for a hotel, we have a big couch. :)