sata textmode driver isn't working

phatriff

I'm trying to install an Nlite'd windows xp on my system. The install requires SATA drivers but i can't get them to work. I doesn't matter if i intergrate them or install them with the 'F6' command at boot, they will not work and windows cannot find my harddisk. I rechecked the original windows CD and it installs fine.

I am using windows XP proffesional with service pack 2.

my SATA drive is a samsung spinpoint on a Promise 378 controller.

I have tried the latest drivers supplied from MSI but still no joy.

can you help me please?

thank you

Jon

"or install them with the 'F6' command at boot, they will not work"

!! then you are trying to say that it's not the nlite's integration of drivers but some other issue...or you haven't read that you can't use F6 with unattended ?

Try leaving SCSI drivers...maybe even Logical Disk Manager.

I have made the changes you have suggested in regards to SCSI and 'Logical disk manager' but the problem remains.

the F6 with a mistake of mine. i havn't tried with unattended off but this would defeat the point of integrating.

thanks

• 3 years later...
I'm trying to install an Nlite'd windows xp on my system. The install requires SATA drivers but i can't get them to work. I doesn't matter if i intergrate them or install them with the 'F6' command at boot, they will not work and windows cannot find my harddisk. I rechecked the original windows CD and it installs fine.

I am using windows XP proffesional with service pack 2.

my SATA drive is a samsung spinpoint on a Promise 378 controller.

I have tried the latest drivers supplied from MSI but still no joy.

can you help me please?

thank you

Jon

You can use to integrate the S-ATA driver Windows Unattended CD Creator 1.0.2 beta 10. It's far more easier to work with and more intuitive:

1.copy the Windows CD content into a folder on hdd

2.Open Windows Unatended CD Creator and click select and choose the folder you copied your Windows files

3.Press Work in source directory

4.Go to the driver tab, choose "driver for raid, scsi ....", then click add to add your s-ata drivers

5.Go to the done tab and press "save" then "create iso image". Burn the iso image on CD and you can install WinXP.

That's easy as saying...5! :D