Unattended winXP on DVD: same as CD?

ah, ops....

i used nero 6.3 (latest) in win98.

i selected the image, but in the window to burn nero has a combo on the upper left to chose what type to write to, i didn't change it from CD and put a DVD....

reason: i was so angry on my windows when i made it (as i had big problems with the xp i used, and i spent hours to install another os on another partition) :)

in my last post, i intended to say i solved it.

the problem was that i made the iso with cdimage.exe, and burned it in nero selecting CD as media, not DVD.

i used win98 because once of a sudden, my only OS was not starting, not even safe mode, so i wanted to fresh install another xp, but first to get the data i had on that partition, and after hours, the only i could do was to put win98 and nero on another part to make a bootable cd of xp sp2...

i will not be lured into making any further comments.

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/runonceex.htm

Do you want to change from dull command line batches to a more sleek, professional looking RunOnceEx window? We'll show you how you can easily transform over to this method!

If you would prefer to use an INF file to control RunOnceEx, you can follow gosh's guide to learn how here.

Some of you may have trouble understanding how to create your own RunOnceEx.cmd file as outlined in this guide, as it has a steeper learning curve than batch files. eagle00789 over at the MSFN Forums has created an application to simplify this, known as the RunOnceEx.cmd Creator.

PEACE out!

Thats great that the author of that article finds it "more sleek". Exactly like someone like you LOVES windows. Its sleek, its good looking, but your limited in many ways, and you dont do squat. You ever wonder why people use Linux (you probably dont know what it is)? Is it a sleek, sexy, crisp look? HELL NO. Is it a powerful, big graphic interface? HELL NO. People like what they like, and RunOnceEx is certainly not better.

ramik,

good for u! congrats that u got it fixed.

linux... hum ... never heard of it. :) Sticks and Stones... LOL

author = Aaron MSFN.org Administrator (take it up with him if u wish)

" Its sleek, its good looking, but your limited in many ways, and you dont do squat." = Sounds good to me and your point is...?

" Its sleek, its good looking, but your limited in many ways, and you dont do squat."  = Sounds good to me and your point is...?

And his point is - YOU don't have a point. It's NO better, just better looking for some people who like that better, so don't call other newbies because they prefer a more powerful yet less graphical method newbies because it's not the case. Anybody can do RunOnceEx, it's not rocket science.

I thought you said you wouldn't be lured into making further comments?

@Ramik: memtest86+ rocks :)