Diskeeper Professional 9.0 switch ?

r0sWell

Hi

i tried to install the new version of Diskeeper Pro but it seems that the switchs /s /v/qn (working with the 'old' version : 8.0.478) don't work anymore with version 9.0

has someone tried to install this new Diskeeper Pro version silently ??

:wacko:

thx.

execute the main setup program ... when the first window pops up asking you to press NEXT to proceed , click cancel...then go to %systemroot%\Downloaded Installations\Diskeeper Professional to get the msi file,use the msi file to install your DK instead

hope this heps

Either that, or do the below to get an administrative install point of the dk9:

Open a CMD window, go to the directory where the main setup file is.

Then run it with the "/A" switch - it will ask you where to save it. Just specify a folder of your choice, and then you can copy that folder for your unattended purposes - the MSI in that folder should be run with "/QB" switch for unattended setup of dk9 pro.

execute the main setup program ... when the first window pops up asking you to press NEXT to proceed , click cancel...then go to %systemroot%\Downloaded Installations\Diskeeper Professional to get the msi file,use the msi file to install your DK instead

There is no such folder created.

But what you can do is:

1. Go to your temp folder "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Temp" and delete all files from there to avoid confusion with any existing files.

2. Run the main Diskeeper 9.0 'setup.exe' file, when the first window pops up asking you to press NEXT to proceed, Important: DO NOT cancel.

3. Go to the temp folder "C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Temp", copy the .msi file there (size 17.9 MB [18,787,328 bytes]) and save it to another place.

4. Rename the .msi file to Diskeeper.msi

5. Use 'Diskeeper.msi' for the unattended install with the /qn switch.

the silent switch is : decompress with winrar the setup and execut with:

Setup.exe /s /v"/qn SMART=\"YES\" CREATEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1 "

SMART="YES"

This argument causes Diskeeper Smart Scheduling to be set up for every disk volume on the target computer.

CREATEDESKTOPSHORTCUT=1

This argument causes a desktop shortcut for running Diskeeper to be created on the target computer.

I followed the instructions mentioned above, but I stumble upon the following problem.

From my Runonceex

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Diskeeper Professional 9" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D %CDROM%\Extra\Diskeeper\Diskeeper.msi /QB" /f

This doesn't seem to work when you install your apps from cd :( Cuz when my unattended install finishes and I go round checking in VMware what did pull off and what not, Diskeeper isn't installed at all. Is this a known issue? Is installation only possible after you first copy the msi and then install from your HDD?

I followed the instructions mentioned above, but I stumble upon the following problem.

From my Runonceex

This doesn't seem to work when you install your apps from cd :( Cuz when my unattended install finishes and I go round checking in VMware what did pull off and what not, Diskeeper isn't installed at all. Is this a known issue? Is installation only possible after you first copy the msi and then install from your HDD?

i think the prob is that you miss a quote before the %CDROM% var

From my Runonceex

i think the prob is that you miss a quote before the %CDROM% var

It helped indeed :) When I looked closer I saw some more typos. Got me thinking.....if I just typed better I wouldn't have to be at this forum at all I guess :P