Silent Install of Acrobat 6.0 Full

Chudd

Hi all!!

Trying to install Acrobat 6.0 full version silently with my DVD image. What is the best way? I don't know where you guys find all these application install switches, but keep up the great work! I tried using the Adobe InstallShield Tuner to create a setup package. Not sure if there is a problem with the disk being an OEM bundled version, but after ai create the package and test it, it says my serial number is invalid. When I install it right off the disk it installs fine.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Chudd :)

Hmm.... you mentioned the adobe install-shield tuner, so I went in search of it. And found layers and layers of pages to get to it. All this "Adobe ID" registering crap just for this 16 MB file, which allows you to customize your adobe acrobat install.

InstallShield Tuner 6.0.1 for Adobe Acrobat

NOTE: On December 10, 2003, Adobe updated Tuner from version 6.0 to version 6.0.1, in order to support the customization of Adobe® Reader® 6.01. Tuner 6.0.1 also works with all Adobe Acrobat® 6.0 products mentioned below.

InstallShield® Tuner™ 6.0.1 for Adobe Acrobat is designed for technically savvy IT administrators who manage or implement solutions for their users. It provides a graphical interface to Acrobat's Windows Installer (MSI) and enables IT administrators to make, save, and invoke modifications to the installer via a Transform File (MST). These modifications customize the Acrobat installer and the look and feel of Acrobat prior to deployment. These modifications can run anytime, anywhere, throughout the enterprise, whether the install is pulled from a server or pushed silently.

Tuner works with the Adobe Acrobat 6.0 products:

• Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional

• Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard

• Adobe Acrobat Elements 6.0

• Adobe Reader 6.0 and 6.01

With Tuner, an IT administrator can:

• Turn off auto-update and online registration, so users cannot independently update or register the application

• Specify a silent install, including prespecifying the company name and serial number

• Customize Distiller® prior to installing, including adding and setting job options files

• Customize security preferences, including signature and verification handlers and identity search directories

• Customize the installer's Custom Setup options

• Remove shortcuts from the Desktop and Start menu

• Lock certain settings, so they cannot be altered by users

• And much more

Key benefits:

• Save time and reduce the amount of editing needed to customize the Installer.

• Take advantage of a more intuitive user interface to customize the Installer.

• Manage and control the enterprise environment.

For all known issues, please refer to the ReadMe file installed with this application.

For additional documentation, please refer to the Tuner User Document, included in the Tuner Help System.

Note: Tuner functions only with Acrobat 6.0 products. Adobe has a similar tool available for Acrobat 5.x products called the Acrobat Enterprise Installation Tool (AEIT) 1.2. The Acrobat 5.x products include Adobe Acrobat 5.x, Adobe Acrobat Elements 1.x, and Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.x. Get more information on AEIT.

System requirements

• Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (Service Pack 2 or later) or Windows XP® (Service Pack 1 or later)

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later

• Intel® Pentium® III or compatible 300MHz or faster processor

• 128MB of RAM

• 800x600 resolution, 256 color depth

• Disk space: 100MB before installation and 50MB after installation is complete

Adobe tests and supports the deployment of Acrobat 6.0 products to Windows clients that meet the minimum system requirements of those products. For a list of system requirements for each of the Acrobat 6.0 products, please see the Acrobat family main page.

OPTIONAL: When tuning certain Acrobat Security Preferences, you must have the Acrobat 6.0 product installed on the same system as Tuner. Therefore, this system would also need to meet the system requirements for the Acrobat 6.0 product.

Installation instructions

After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.

Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.

After downloading the ".exe" file in Windows, double-click the ".exe" file to install Tuner. Tuner will lead you through the installation process.

Upon first launching Tuner, you will be prompted to browse for an ITW file. This file can be found in the installation directory of any of the Acrobat 6.0 products. (Please refer to the Tuner User Document noted above.)

Additional notes

To use Tuner, you should be familiar with installing applications on your system as well as Windows application installation and deployment methods.

Language notice:

The Tuner user interface is English-only. However, Adobe has tested and supports the operation of Tuner in the following localized environments: English, French, German, and Japanese. Adobe has tested customizing a localized version of the application (for example, Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional Japanese) on a localized system (for example, Windows XP Professional Japanese) and then installing that application with modifications on a localized client (for example, Windows 2000 Professional Japanese).

In addition to the above tested and supported languages, Tuner is designed to work with all other localized Acrobat 6.0 products. For a list of the available localizations for each of the Acrobat 6.0 products, please see the Acrobat family main page.

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/6.x/tuner601acrobat.exe

(16 MB)

This is so that we don't need to suffer again, just for this puny file. :angry:

@chudd

You don't really need to use the tuner, BTW. There's more direct methods described here.

I think this is all I have done to install ACrobat 6.0 Full:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adobe Acrbat 6.0 Professional" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\adobe6\AcroPro.msi /QR" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Registering Acrobat 6.0 Professional" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\Applications\adobe6\AcroPRo.reg" /f

I just saved the registry stuff. That file looks like so:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\6.0\Registration]

"SERIAL"="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\Registration]

"SERIAL"="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

May or may not work for you. I have done a test install of my installation many times and it has always worked.

Tracy

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I followed the twilli48 advise for Acrobat 6.0 Pro (NOT the Reader) and got success to genarate the Registration .reg file :thumbup

I also add the 6.01 update commad.

Regarding the Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe (4.2MB), since i could NOT extract an .msi/.mst file from it,

Does my RunOnceEx.cmd command here bellow is correct ???

REG ADD %KEY%\032 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.02" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\AcrobatPro_602\AcroPro.msi /QR" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\install\AcrobatPro_602\updates\Ac60PrP1.msp /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 3 /D "%CDROM%\install\AcrobatPro_602\updates\Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe" /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 4 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\install\AcrobatPro_602\AcroPro6.reg" /f

NB: I do search for hours, I do found posts like Adobe Reader 6.02 silent install, Reader concern but NOT related to ACROBAT.

TNX for yr help

regards

coucou