Visual effects?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\DragFullWindows]"DefaultApplied"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\FontSmoothing]

"DefaultValue"=dword:00000001

"DefaultApplied"=dword:00000001

Aliitle forum search and got these.

Maybe I did not explain myself clearly.

I want ALL of the effects disabled EXCEPT for the two effects mentioned above.

I have searched the forum, but it all seems very confusing

Could you please post the registry entries that will disable all of the standard effects.

Cheers.

Jeremy

I have tried changing the various entries in the following section.

;----------------------------------------------------------Visual Effects--------------------------------------------------------------------

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]

"VisualFXSetting"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\AnimateMinMax]

"DefaultApplied"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ComboBoxAnimation]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\CursorShadow]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\DragFullWindows]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\DropShadow]

"DefaultValue"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\FontSmoothing]

"DefaultValue"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ListBoxSmoothScrolling]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ListviewAlphaSelect]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ListviewShadow]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\ListviewWatermark]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\MenuAnimation]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\SelectionFade]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\TaskbarAnimations]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\Themes]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\TooltipAnimation]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects\WebView]

BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

So............

Has anyone ACTUALLY managed to disable ALL of the visual effects?

If so, PLEASE post your registry settings.

Jeremy

Make your settings as you wish, then export this entire key below and add it to your tweak file.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]

Works for me...

Yes I have, but I will need to write a program to do it for you.

I found where it is located in the reg, and guess what it is spread around all over the place.

Also certain main keys are different per machine.

So I will wright a app that can be ran from a batch file and set these keys for based on the command you give it, afterwards do a reboot and all will be set.

I will try to have it this weekend for you. maybe sooner. I will create a new thread and put a post here.

Also you may ask why I am making this program?

Cause I want the same thing you do! all diabled but the 2 :-) it really helps performance.

Once I make the app and test the living crap out of it on vmware I will post it for you!

Take care.

Thank you smc1979!

I love to have my Windows installation lean and mean when it comes to the graphical effects.

Btw, does enabling the smoothing of screen fonts make any real difference in XP at 800 x 600 screen resolution?

Or is the smoothing of screen fonts a hangover from Windows 9x days?

Cheers.

Jeremy

I really dont know, but I know the more XP has to do the slower it goes.

I make a custom setup cd that ONLY ask for a KEY to be put in that I install on my customers computers that I need to do a reinstall. I want it to be mean and lean.

I have also written some other programs and scripts to speed things along.

Not to mention I have installed XP so many times before my CD also that I was getting sick of it and sometime forgetting to put my settings in.

As it is now I can make XP run 40% faster on the same computer than a stock install of XP and over 60% than a OEM install from like dell or HP.

I use to have to do it by hand, now its all automatic! god I love being a programmer and this forum! LOL