Limited Account Cant Defrag drive

jpatto

I created a Limited account using the usual methods. I then created a MMC (Microsoft Management Console) for a Disk Defragmenter and assigned my limited account with FULL credentials (via the security option) so the program can be run. When i log onto the account and try to run the program it gives me the error that Defragmenter can only be run by the Administrators or Administrator group.

I dont want to assign this user with admin rights, all i need is them to be limited to what they can do but one of the things they can do is defrag the drive.

Any way of doing this?

Thanks

p.s. Im using Win XP Pro

I'm prety sure that the power user's group can defrag, but if you dont want the user to have the added rights on the system that come with being part of the power user's group, you could always change the security permissions on the dfrg.msc file in the system32 directory and give that user the right's to use it.

ChunkDog-If you mean add the user's name to the dfrg.msc file whilst the user is on a limited account then ive already tried that and i still get the error "Only Administrators can defragment this drive". Thanks