Multi-boot step UBCD problems!

modro

I have come to this part

"Now open up ISOBuster and Extract the bootsector of the UBCD.ISO and save it as UBCD.DAT"

I dont now what files in the iso to extract and where should i put the files im going to extract?

Problem 2

I have downloaded the UBCD.zip and opened it with the hex editor but i cant find where the line /CDSH is that im going to replace.

Question

Can i use my Windows xp sp2 disc instead?

You need to extract that zip file first.

Then save the bootsector from the ISO, then edit the bootsector using the hex editor.

i have extracted the zip file and opened it with hex editor but i cant find the line /CDSH.

I have opened the iso in isobuster but what files are im going to extract please say with filenames?

Some screenshots would be nice too

Your still not extracting the BOOTSECTOR...

The bootsector is NOT a file in the cd fielsystem, rather info stored at the beginning of the CD, that allows it to be booted from.

Try UltraISO and open up the ISO, it should say "Bootable" or something similiar, that means you can save the bootsector. So, from here click "bootable -> save bootfile" give it a name!

From there, open the bootsector you saved in a hex editor, then make the changes to it as ncessary.

Here's a screenshot of an ISO i opened up that contains a bootsector.

post-82-1097556801_thumb.jpg

Now i have extracted the boot sector to a file the orginal file name was .bif i renamed it to UBCD.DAT

Where should i put the file ?

What changes would i have to make with that file?

Next step i have also problems on.

i have downloaded the file UBCD.ZIP and extracted it now im sitting with the hex editor and i cant find the line /CDSH the only line in the file with / is /boot

Please help me.

post-82-1097575967_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the instructions http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/ for adding the UBCD are confusing and wrong, is all we need to do is change that extracted zip file UBCD.dat from boot to UBCD with hex editor and add it to the AIO-DVD folder and our boot menue,

is it not necessary to extract the boot sector from the iso image of our UBCD, and if so how do we do it with ISOBuster?