Outlook Express 6 Accounts!

ChunkDog

Hello Everyone,

OK, I work at a computer repair shop, and this is the problem I've ran into alot. I get customers computer that you cant boot into normal or safe mode, so becasue of this I have no way of exporting their Outlook Express 6 Account Settings, so how do I get their account settings from a ghost I made of their drive?

if that was little unclear:

1. I get the computer and cannot load windows into safe mode or normal mode.

2. I ghost the hard drive to one in the lab.

3. Since now I have a backup of their data I can repartion(if neccessary) and reformat their hard drive then reinstall windows.

4. Once windows installed I slave the Cloned drive to the system to retrieve their data.

5. Cant get Outlook Express 6's Email Account Settings and news groups and such. Becsue I'm lazy I dont want to have to setup the accounts and just want to get them from the backup.

Explore the backup you made and do a search for *.iaf

Outlook stores the accountinfo in a file with the extention .iaf. (internet account files)

Onces you retreived the file(s) you can transfer them to the masterdrive and then import them with the importfunction form Outlook.

Menu Extra->Accounts->import

hope this wil be helpfull for you

regards

Doenja

Explore the backup you made and do a search for *.iaf

Outlook stores the accountinfo in a file with the extention .iaf. (internet account files)

Onces you retreived the file(s) you can transfer them to the masterdrive and then import them with the importfunction form Outlook.

Menu Extra->Accounts->import

hope this wil be helpfull for you

regards

Doenja

That did work for older versions of Outlook Express, but not version 6. Thanks though