DSoftware for DVD NEC 3500 16x DVD +/-R writer

DysfunktinaL

I just got my pair of NEC 3500 16x DVD +/-R writers and I need to know the best DvD software for them.

I bought them OEM for $88 a pop.

I need to get a peice of software that works for ripping, copying, and viewing DvDs on them. Windows has thier drivers, so I belive. They seems to read and stuff correctly, and properties had toe correct name and crap on them. Any suggestions?

Matt.

I have the NEC2500A FWIW, because these software-packages work with every DVD-recorder:

- ripping (+writing ISO-files): nothing comes close to DVDdecrypter;

- DVD9 to DVD5: 'DVD-rebuilder' in combination with CCE if you'd like to keep the menu's and want to invest some time to get superb quality - If the DVD you'd like to backup should only be stripped from its extras and/or menus to fit your DVD, then DVDshrink is the (fast and good quality) way to go.

You can get the progs and manuals @ www.doom9.net - bookmark that site and visit the forums to gather very interesting info on digital video...

For your NEC DVD-burner I can really recommend the tool 'DVDinfoPro', which is capable of bitsetting your drive to write DVD-ROMs instead of DVD+R(W)s. In combination with the right brand of DVD+Rs this gives superb compatibility (I use Arita DVD+R with mediacode RICOHJNPR01)

And for some bios-flash-related news, check this forum: http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

HTH!

Zl.